• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WARNING: eBay Sellers - The Buyer is ALWAYS right ( if eBay decides! )
2 2

156 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, Toz said:

Pretty much going through the same thing but over a piece of electronics.Buyer said it wouldn't work but he sent it back in pieces.I said I would not issue a refund and haven't heard back from buyer or ebay.Looked at their feed back and red for days.As a seller and left for others.

Toolhaus is your friend and I wished I had used it.

Ebay can freeze my account.I have zero dollars in there.Totally sick of their games.

Good luck going forward.

What's toolhaus?

2 hours ago, Gaard said:

Did they tell you why the buyer wanted a refund? No contact for over a month along with positive fb seems to indicate that the slab was undamaged.

In my experience the wife found out and filed thru the CC company a month later when they got the bill. Same thing happened to me 
exactly with the same result.

39 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

What's toolhaus?

toolhaus.org

Enter the Ebay user ID and search for their feedback.Either received as a seller or left for others.Could have saved myself some hassle. There are other search modes but that's the only one I've used so far.

Just now, Toz said:

toolhaus.org

Enter the Ebay user ID and search for their feedback.Either received as a seller or left for others.Could have saved myself some hassle. There are other search modes but that's the only one I've used so far.

So what do you do if someone with bad feedback buys from you? Just cancel it?

1 minute ago, Wolverinex said:

So what do you do if someone with bad feedback buys from you? Just cancel it?

It's a judgement call.The buyer I was referring to had 239 negs left for others and about a dozen as a seller before he quit selling.

3 hours ago, Gaard said:

Did they tell you why the buyer wanted a refund? No contact for over a month along with positive fb seems to indicate that the slab was undamaged.

From PayPal's emails to me:

10/2/2019 "We are writing to let you know one of your buyers opened a case for this transaction. The buyer stated that they did not authorize this purchase..."

10/6/2019 "We're happy to confirm that the following transaction was covered under Seller Protection because you met the PayPal Seller Protection requirements.   is now available in your PayPal balance and there is no further action required."

10/26/2019 "We received notice from the buyer's financial institution that Case ID PP-D-4*******6 has been decided in the buyer's favor. However, because you’re a valued customer, we’re not debiting your PayPal account for the disputed amount."

From the very beginning, something felt fishy with this buyer.

Buyer bought $140 slab, on the same day he started his Feebay account. He had (3) feedbacks by that time. By the time I shipped the next day, he had a couple more feedbacks. Which means he set up the Feebay account and went on a buying binge on the same day. He got the slab a few days later, left me positive feedback and by that time he had (7) feedbacks. And that was IT. No more buying or feedbacks after that... for a month. Then came the notices from PayPal.

SO... it was a scam - either HE got scammed and someone hacked his CC info and set up a Feebay account, bought a bunch of random carp (like some of was automobile parts, baby stuff, hotwheels toys... random stuff). or HE was running the ol' PayPal/CC refund scam.

Buyer has since ceased operation on Feebay.

Edited by jcjames

1 hour ago, jason4 said:

Dont sell on ebay.

If you must, offer refunds and accept immediately and be done with it when there is a return.

Also, youre better off describing comics as "great condition, see pics" than trying to assign a grade that anyone can disagree with. 

You also must be careful of your words in the auction. A guy came here complaining a while back about a book he won on Ebay. In the auction it said "nice comic" and he wanted to hold the seller to that. Even though there were a bunch of pictures that showed tears, stains, creasing, chipping, holes large enough to look thru ect.....  Yep. Even though you could see (that is if you took the time to actually look at the pictures) the book was a total piece of garbage, it said "nice book" in the title. And the buyer came here to get people to agree with him because he didn't think it was a nice book. Many explained that the term "nice" isn't even a term used in comics like "good" or "fine" so it wasn't even worth arguing. Long story short.... don't say nuttin that can be held against you. Talk like caveman. Me got book sale. Look pictures. 

I would cancel in that situation and just take the ding on my account. 

If it feels wrong it usually is. 

For the most part I have very little issues on ebay. Its is my feeling the biggesting issues
on ebay come from a few areas.

Slab selling - Buyers here are much more picky. They return books if they disagree with the grade
sometimes. Sometimes buyers remorse. Sometimes the wife sees the CC bill the next month and 
files. Big rewards carry big risk.

Auctions - This is where the big problems are. Many buyers here want their books as cheap as they 
can get them and have that same mentality when they get their books. Cheap shipping as well which
can lead to more problems since the books are exposed to the post office for a longer time. They leave
more negatives on average and what little problems I have on ebay come from auctions do I don't do
many.

Grade vs pictures. - Some of the advice here is really bad. You want return buyers so you need to be 
as transparent as possible. Scans and grades are a must its how you get your reputation and repeat 
buyers. So many sellers think in the short term it kills them over time. If you cant grade you need to learn
how or just don't sell. Don't want to list a grade? Sure just don't ask a NM price for a book that you cant
give that grade too. You don't get to have your cake and eat it too. If you try that then the buyers will 
either stop buying from you or file multiple cases and they will win for book not as described. For high end
books yes you can try other places and have the same or better results, but the honest fact here is the bulk
of buyers are on ebay simple as that. 

Edited by fastballspecial

3 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Grade vs pictures. - Some of the advice here is really bad. You want return buyers so you need to be 
as transparent as possible. Scans and grades are a must its how you get your reputation and repeat 
buyers. So many sellers think in the short term it kills them over time. If you cant grade you need to learn
how or just don't sell. Don't want to list a grade? Sure just don't ask a NM price for a book that you cant
give that grade too. You don't get to have your cake and eat it too. 

^^

2 hours ago, TwoTone said:

Considering the OP, I'd call this karma 

I forget this but recognize it... what was this involved in again?   Isn't there a name change or something too? 

1 hour ago, Hollywood1892 said:

"Let's say you are the best grader on Earth and your grades are spot on. All it takes is some nitwit to disagree with your 9.8 and it's headache city"

Why would someone disagree with your grade if it’s spot on?

I personally don’t assign  grades above NM+ 9.6