• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WARNING: eBay Sellers - The Buyer is ALWAYS right ( if eBay decides! )
2 2

156 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, showcase4 said:

RE: buyer AGREED with my Description and Grading. He said he found a "very minor manufacturing defect" with one of the 2 book in this auction -- he attached pics -- I didn't see ANYTHING - no idea what the problem is ( he must have literally used a Microscope - or just be a nut job! ) / my problem = eBay!

I called eBay / emailed the Buyer and Ebay -- letting them know I didn't print the book, I just sold it -- and the buyer admitted everything about my Ad was correct --it was a Manufacturing Concern. Here is the end result --- 

eBay Customer Support made a decision  

Hi showcase-

We're sorry there was a problem with this transaction. After reviewing the case, we made a final decision in the buyer's favor.

Details:
Decision:
This case has been decided in the buyer's favor.

Comments:
The buyer has been asked to return the item to you. Once tracking shows the item has been delivered to you, the buyer will be issued a refund. If the buyer uses an eBay provided shipping label to return the item, you will be required to pay the shipping and will see this charge on your invoice.

You can also view the details of this case in the Resolution Center.

Marvel House of X Powers of X #2 Putri Connecting Variant 2019 NM/MT 9.8 UNREAD!
Marvel House of X Powers of X #2 Putri Connecting Variant 2019 NM/MT 9.8 UNREAD!
Item # : 174064759872
Sale price: $118.50
Quantity: 1
Sale date: Oct-17-19 06:50:52 PDT

7879.jpg

78799.jpg

787999.jpg

7879999.jpg

You recently posted in Modern Books > This Week in Your Collection Modern Books Only that you returned 8-10 copies of the same book looking for one that you wanted. Here you're mad that a buyer is doing the same thing to you. Did you return those books because you were not happy with what it looked like? Is the difference that you describe it as a manufacturing error and all 10 of your sellers graded wrong? You also call this guy a nut job because he sees an issue you don't.

You're complaining about other buyers in this thread while doing the same thing over and over in another thread. You can't have it both ways. If eBay allows you to return 10 books because you don't like it, your buyer can return a book because he doesn't like it.

3 minutes ago, srezvan said:

You recently posted in Modern Books > This Week in Your Collection Modern Books Only that you returned 8-10 copies of the same book looking for one that you wanted. Here you're mad that a buyer is doing the same thing to you. Did you return those books because you were not happy with what it looked like? Is the difference that you describe it as a manufacturing error and all 10 of your sellers graded wrong? You also call this guy a nut job because he sees an issue you don't.

You're complaining about other buyers in this thread while doing the same thing over and over in another thread. You can't have it both ways. If eBay allows you to return 10 books because you don't like it, your buyer can return a book because he doesn't like it.

:popcorn:

2 hours ago, kav said:

omg that guy sold his Action #1 9.0 on ebay!  wonder if buyer returned 'not as described'

I’m pretty sure that the buyer was Metropolis on behalf of the prince. 

The prince didn’t care about shaken comic syndrome.  The prince was throwing money around and label chasing.  So...  

2 minutes ago, Ride the Tiger said:

At least we didn't get the Michael Jackson popcorn meme. That's when you know the thread has totally gone south.

I prefer the Big E popcorn gif.

22 minutes ago, srezvan said:

It you READ what I posted — I returned 8-10 marvel comics Disney 1000’s... that were DESTROYED during shipping- due to poor packaging from the non- comic book sellers....Totally different situation

Edited by showcase4

4 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I’m pretty sure that the buyer was Metropolis on behalf of the prince. 

The prince didn’t care about shaken comic syndrome.  The prince was throwing money around and label chasing.  So...  

um he's called Image result for male female symbol now

Image result for prince

3 minutes ago, kav said:

um he's called Image result for male female symbol now

Actually he is still called Prince.   That is what they used in the model of Paisley Park that doubles as the urn holding his ashes. 

https://people.com/music/prince-urn-first-photos/

Screen Shot 2019-11-09 at 4.42.41 PM.png

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:

Actually he is still called Prince.   That is what they used in the model of Paisley Park that doubles as the urn holding his ashes. 

https://people.com/music/prince-urn-first-photos/

Screen Shot 2019-11-09 at 4.42.41 PM.png

I dont see the word prince there just Image result for male female symbol

Tonight's dinner:  Since I have not posted a menu in awhile

Strip Steak - seasoned with brown sugar, salt, pepper, cumin, dash of maple baking powder. 

Vegetables - A mix of butternut squash, red onion, carrot, sweet potato, parsnip, garlic, salt, pepper, olive oil.

Side - roasted potato wedges

Desert - baked apple halves with cinnamon and brown sugar. 

I am going to start cutting up some veggies for later... 

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:

Strip Steak - seasoned with brown sugar, salt, pepper, cumin, dash of maple baking powder. 

Vegetables - A mix of butternut squash, red onion, carrot, sweet potato, parsnip, garlic, salt, pepper, olive oil.

remember-add the marinade after steak is cooked.  Let soak in.

12 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

do not use marinade that has contacted the raw meat!

I can't say I've had these bad experiences on Ebay.  I've been selling there for about 20 years now and do about 300-400 transactions a year.  Most of the comics I sell are raw and I give grades, photos, descriptions of both positive attributes and defects, and have a "no questions asked" 14 day return policy.  I think I get at most 1 or 2 returns a year... most years I get none... and I have never had one not go smoothly.  I NEVER describe a comic as 9.8... highest I'll go is 9.6.  If I feel strongly about a 9.8, I get it graded before selling.  Selling 9.8s raw does sound like trouble to me.  I've sold some bigger ticket items in the $2-3k range and again with no issues.  The only books I send to Clink are graded books that have been in my Ebay store for at least a year and haven't sold... I view them as my liquidator.  I actually haven't sent them anything to sell in at least ten years cause all my graded books eventually sell.  I choose to sell them myself (even though the fees are actually cheaper with Clink) because I prefer to build my brand than theirs.  So as a seller, have to say I'm reasonably satisfied with Ebay.

Where I have had problems is as a buyer.  As a result, I buy from mostly the same reliable sellers.

Anyway, just my two cents...

1 hour ago, EastEnd1 said:

I can't say I've had these bad experiences on Ebay.  I've been selling there for about 20 years now and do about 300-400 transactions a year.  Most of the comics I sell are raw and I give grades, photos, descriptions of both positive attributes and defects, and have a "no questions asked" 14 day return policy.  I think I get at most 1 or 2 returns a year... most years I get none... and I have never had one not go smoothly.  I NEVER describe a comic as 9.8... highest I'll go is 9.6.  If I feel strongly about a 9.8, I get it graded before selling.  Selling 9.8s raw does sound like trouble to me.  I've sold some bigger ticket items in the $2-3k range and again with no issues.  The only books I send to Clink are graded books that have been in my Ebay store for at least a year and haven't sold... I view them as my liquidator.  I actually haven't sent them anything to sell in at least ten years cause all my graded books eventually sell.  I choose to sell them myself (even though the fees are actually cheaper with Clink) because I prefer to build my brand than theirs.  So as a seller, have to say I'm reasonably satisfied with Ebay.

Where I have had problems is as a buyer.  As a result, I buy from mostly the same reliable sellers.

Anyway, just my two cents...

Don't bring common sense and true stories of ebay selling in here. We must trash ebay at all times while we lining our pockets
from their sales.

I have the same experiences very little problems in 20 years.

54 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Don't bring common sense and true stories of ebay selling in here. We must trash ebay at all times while we lining our pockets
from their sales.

I have the same experiences very little problems in 20 years.

As I said in another thread - the cost of my store means I can keep low value items in full view of millions of people for 48c a year each.

Dealing with the odd wanker or two is the cost of that 48c. 

I had one of those Amazing Spider-Man #36 newstand issues - I sold it to a guy for more than I paid for the entire boxload of stuff it came with, and some. He complained the 1st page was blurry. It was a printing thing. I asked him what would make him happy - he wanted a $14 Heavy Metal mag as compo.

I repriced it for $1 and he paid for postage.He has since left 5 star feedback. Cost to me - nothing, as the Heavy Metal was a freebie in another bulk purchase.

Sometimes people are just wankers. 

Sometimes you just have to eat a poo sandwich.

Sometimes a $1 Heavy Metal Mag gets you a $100 sale and 5 star feedback.

How you deal with the complainant usually determines the outcome.

It's really isn't a pizzing contest, it's a place to sell funny books and make a few $$ to support your hobby (unless it's your career).

Ebay is what it is - a cross-section of normal life with all walks of people who want to pay you a lot more for something, than you originally paid in the first place. 

Sometimes though, you just have to bend over and smile. Even when you are really, really pizzed.

If you can't , then ebay is probably not the place for you to sell.

In the end - @showcase4 - I'm sorry you couldn't work something out with the buyer before the claim was thrown in. But, be honest, at those prices, how many thousands of $$ did that issue make you. You did well right? - At $60 a book with a $5 cover price, one return isn't going to kill your bottom line really mate is it. :foryou:

25 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Yeah, I know... no kidding.  This isn't my first rodeo dad. 

It's your second rodeo.  Settle down, you. :preach:

11 hours ago, Beige said:

It's really isn't a pizzing contest, it's a place to sell funny books and make a few $$ to support your hobby (unless it's your career).

Exactly. I don't really care for bowling, and I hate miniature golf (although I think I'm the best in the world at it)...Ebay isn't a job, it's something I do for enjoyment. What $ I make goes towards more comics (and maybe a stack of pancakes at IHOP).  I've had a few 'bumps in the road', but not once have they turned my face red in anger.

I had a nova 1 sliced by the buyer when he opened the packaging. You could see what happened from the bag. I posted it here. Needless to say ebay did not care. Not the end of tbe World as I took a way to low $50 offer for it. The sliced copy sold for $35.