• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

About cgc case

5 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I saw on eBay an item which was signed by Stan lee on 05/30/2015. I checked the cgc number and found that it was graded on 8/12/2015. But the case is the old cgc case.

i found another item, signed by Stan lee on 6/1/13. I checked the cgc number and it was graded on 01/07/2014. But the case is the new cgc case....

my question is, is this possible??? 

Would you perceive buying comic in old cgc case riskier than one in new cgc case?

thanks for helping! :)

Hi and welcome to the boards!

Assuming both cases are the yellow label CGC Signature Series, what are the main concerns? The second new case scenario is probably a reholdering of an original Signature Series to the new case. Did the certification number show as "Signature" in the category criteria when you inputted it in the CGC Verify CGC Certification? See an earlier CGC thread (below) about Signature Series replacement case issues.

It's great you are doing the detective work, using all resources available and asking questions BEFORE a purchase. Usually, and unfortunately, questions and issues arise after a purchase is made

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/421426-will-cgc-re-holder-a-cracked-ss-case/

Also maybe contact Cgc directly 

hi,

thanks for quick reply!

Sorry that i have misunderstood that its not possible to get the ss back if send to cgc for reslab...then the 2nd case is possible...

the first case, it depends on when the new case was introduced....i found it online, the new case was introduced back in april 2016, so the book could be legit