• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pressing books through CGC??

6 posts in this topic

Not recommended.  Maybe they treat more valuable books better, but I recently submitted a lower value ASM for my PC and it received the following grader notes AFTER being "pressed" by CCS:  "light crease full right of front cover" and "moderate creasing to cover".  How you can professionally press a book and it still have moderate creasing is a mystery.  The whole process of cleaning/pressing and grading took about 5 months.  Glad that during that time I bought my own press and have been doing it myself.  My two cents...

16 hours ago, musk4star said:

Not recommended.  Maybe they treat more valuable books better, but I recently submitted a lower value ASM for my PC and it received the following grader notes AFTER being "pressed" by CCS:  "light crease full right of front cover" and "moderate creasing to cover".  How you can professionally press a book and it still have moderate creasing is a mystery.  The whole process of cleaning/pressing and grading took about 5 months.  Glad that during that time I bought my own press and have been doing it myself.  My two cents...

Pressing doesn't remove color breaking creases.