• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why Doesn't CGC recognize 1st Appearance of Timothy Hunter (Books of Magic #1)

11 posts in this topic

So we have 1st appearances of Batman's bicycle and Zantanna's wand (/sarcasm), but we don't have a 1st appearance designation of Timothy Hunter.  A character who is central to hundreds of comic book issues?  

Books of Magic #1.  

1 hour ago, jcb193 said:

So we have 1st appearances of Batman's bicycle and Zantanna's wand (/sarcasm), but we don't have a 1st appearance designation of Timothy Hunter.  A character who is central to hundreds of comic book issues?  

Books of Magic #1.  

CGC has hundreds of paid employees, including dedicated customer service employees committed to answering the questions of customers and potential customers.  They even have an "Ask CGC" section right here on the boards.  They have emails, phone numbers, multiple physical offices, social media accounts, and even physical mail boxes that where they regularly receive packages and letters.  Why not ask CGC directly instead of asking a bunch of random internet strangers?

14 hours ago, jcb193 said:

Books of Magic #1.  

More like first appearance of Harry Potter :devil:

On 11/4/2019 at 2:39 PM, revat said:

CGC has hundreds of paid employees, including dedicated customer service employees committed to answering the questions of customers and potential customers.  They even have an "Ask CGC" section right here on the boards.  They have emails, phone numbers, multiple physical offices, social media accounts, and even physical mail boxes that where they regularly receive packages and letters.  Why not ask CGC directly instead of asking a bunch of random internet strangers?

What’s wrong with asking the question here?(shrug)

23 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

What’s wrong with asking the question here?(shrug)

Nothing wrong per se, 

I just don’t follow why getting conjecture from random internet strangers would be more likely to achieve the inferred goal of getting the label changed, rather than contacting CGC directly to ask about a specific policy that they have.

i inferred the intent, though I could be wrong. 

On 11/4/2019 at 2:39 PM, revat said:

I had already asked them before posting here and they gave me a somewhat satisfactory answer (though it didn't help that my books have already been graded).  I was curious if someone knew why they hadn't or whether I was mistaken in his first appearance.  He's a pretty major character in the Vertigo world, so I was shocked when my books came back without it.

CGC response to my inquiry:
"First appearance label notations are made at the discretion of the CGC Grading Team. You can find this information by visiting the CGC Census which will include the Key Comments, Art Comments, and First Appearance notations.

If you would like to request a first appearance update or inclusion to the current label, please include a note along with the book in your submission (post-it on comic bag)."