CGC Turnaround Times
2 2

15 posts in this topic

4 posts

Is anyone else having issues with CGC turn around times?

I have been waiting almost a year for an Economy book, which has a stated turnaround time of 39 days. CGC received it in December of 2018 and it went to CCS, with CGC receiving the pressed book in April.

Is it standard to have a turnaround time of more than 175 days on the Economy tier (with stated time of 39 days)? My inquiries have been replied to with brief status updates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 posts

Not as long as you, but I have 2 books now sent in from a show back in August 2019 that I’m still waiting for. They were both sig series. Other economy books I dropped off were returned within the allotted time period, but the sig series books are just sitting with status received. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,123 posts

More than 6 months for Economy definitely means something is wrong. Call them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 post

How long does it take for them to actually put content into the Dashboard about your submissions. I'm having two comic graded, Amazing Spider-Man #101 (1971) & Incredible Hulk #181 (November 1974). This is totally new to me, so any comments would be helpful.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
328 posts

I've had orders sit there showing 'Grading/Quality Control' for three weeks until I called to inquire about it. Then suddenly, it switched and was being shipped a couple days later. 

Give customer service a call.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,123 posts

What now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 posts

CGC initially offered a store credit and no refund, but after I asked for the insured value + a refund of pressing/grading fees they agreed to provide that to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 posts

Store credit lol.

After reading this I'm having fears of my own. I haven't been waiting nearly as long as you did, but today the statuses of my books (which had been marked as received for over a month) are no longer showing up. This is my first time using CGC, so maybe it just means that they're going through CCS now? Not sure.

Time to let the anxiety flow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
290 posts
On 11/27/2019 at 5:05 PM, Matthew Jorden said:

Contacted CGC and they lost the book.

You weren't the first person that this has happened to and you won't be the last!

 

Joe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 posts
22 hours ago, jfenton8287 said:

Store credit lol.

After reading this I'm having fears of my own. I haven't been waiting nearly as long as you did, but today the statuses of my books (which had been marked as received for over a month) are no longer showing up. This is my first time using CGC, so maybe it just means that they're going through CCS now? Not sure.

Time to let the anxiety flow

My very first submission to CGC was 15 books via CCS in 2017. A year after that, I started sending books without CCS and that was the best decision I ever made. It just takes too long and there were other reasons I will not state here.

I have been sending 15 book submissions for several years now and never experienced any major issues, so I started sending 25 book submissions recently. I am in my 5th submission for the current year. But since my last submission is still in received status for modern services (22 day turnaround) for a month, it is now come to bear--unless they forgot to update it when they move them to scheduling. My books has always went directly to scheduled for grading, I mean instantly, So this is 100% different right now. I took that as the norm since it occurred every time. I do not even remember ever seeing a received status. I was always able to click on the Submission number and view my list of books. CGC has yet to confirm the books they received--just sent me an email that show they received the 25 books.

I was starting to overlap my submissions (multiple submissions), but it seems there is no incentive if they merely remain in received status because that informs me there is a problem. Long duration like that makes the mind wander and cause undue anxiety. I also know by sharing this here, it will not move the needle. Other than my future submissions will be parked for awhile. Looks like 2020 will be a very slow year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 posts
On 12/2/2019 at 11:02 AM, Matthew Jorden said:

CGC initially offered a store credit and no refund, but after I asked for the insured value + a refund of pressing/grading fees they agreed to provide that to me.

It is not the best practice to not inform their customers their books have left the building and will not be returning back into your hands. To hold out until the customer contacts, and does it multiple times to receive justice usually results in a business-ending practice...that's if they don't bring change to how they currently work the problem. Nevertheless, I am really baffled about this if it's true. This is quite disturbing and it breaks my heart that they take the customer for granted. If they have an outside insurer, claims will drive the cost up and they just might drop insurance and insure themselves, as many major businesses do.Insurance can be lost as well if there are many claims.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 posts

Yes, personally I am unhappy with the way they have handled this and won't be doing business with them again. Losing the collectible is one thing, the lack of communication is another.

 

To anyone considering sending items to CGC, I would say make sure and insure your item to the maximum you feel comfortable with. I under insured my item, and now I'm left feeling frustrated and upset instead of fairly compensated. Had I insured at true FMV or above, I would probably not be so disappointed right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 posts
2 hours ago, Dr. A said:

My very first submission to CGC was 15 books via CCS in 2017. A year after that, I started sending books without CCS and that was the best decision I ever made. It just takes too long and there were other reasons I will not state here.

I have been sending 15 book submissions for several years now and never experienced any major issues, so I started sending 25 book submissions recently. I am in my 5th submission for the current year. But since my last submission is still in received status for modern services (22 day turnaround) for a month, it is now come to bear--unless they forgot to update it when they move them to scheduling. My books has always went directly to scheduled for grading, I mean instantly, So this is 100% different right now. I took that as the norm since it occurred every time. I do not even remember ever seeing a received status. I was always able to click on the Submission number and view my list of books. CGC has yet to confirm the books they received--just sent me an email that show they received the 25 books.

I was starting to overlap my submissions (multiple submissions), but it seems there is no incentive if they merely remain in received status because that informs me there is a problem. Long duration like that makes the mind wander and cause undue anxiety. I also know by sharing this here, it will not move the needle. Other than my future submissions will be parked for awhile. Looks like 2020 will be a very slow year.

Yeah, I feel ya. The whole CCS-length thing has soured me a bit. I think I'll end up practicing doing some cleaning and pressing on my own if I ever submit in the future. For me, on my first submission (only 5 books) and having it take this long makes me just not want to deal with the company. I think I'll end up continuing to spend my money on already graded books instead of paying to have mine graded until they figure this whole thing out a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 posts
2 minutes ago, Matthew Jorden said:

Yes, personally I am unhappy with the way they have handled this and won't be doing business with them again. Losing the collectible is one thing, the lack of communication is another.

 

To anyone considering sending items to CGC, I would say make sure and insure your item to the maximum you feel comfortable with. I under insured my item, and now I'm left feeling frustrated and upset instead of fairly compensated. Had I insured at true FMV or above, I would probably not be so disappointed right now.

This is the first thing I thought about when I read this post. One of the books that I sent in is one of my Father's old comics. I insured it for what I believe it's monetarily worth, which isn't much because of the condition of the book ($200), but someone could offer me an exorbitant amount of money for it and I'd refuse because of the sentimental value that it holds. If that books gets lost, like yours has, the $200 back in my pocket won't even come close. For something like that I should have over-insured.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
2 2