• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Graded Comics Crack, Press and Regrade

20 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

Got a few moderns I sent in for a grade that came back in the 9.0-9.4 range for things like "Slight bend back cover" and "fingerprints left cover"

If I were to resubmit these for a press and a regrade, do I just send the slabs back as is? 

Also, is it to my advantage to send the slabs back with grader notes that should clearly be fixed with a press and clean, or am I better off finding a third party to crack and press before resubmitting?

Thanks!

1 minute ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

I said "don't quote me"! :pullhair:

Hide contents

Get it? 'Cause you quoted my post...

:jokealert:

I had some BA marvel books with fingerprints in the white on the back cover and they cleaned off; they looked to be dirt. Oily fingerprints or ones in coloured areas are probably there to stay. 

but just to mentioned the clean and press should remove some of the defects you mentioned, but again its not 100% guaranteed to fix the issue or to help the grade bump. Something could go wrong it might not remove the fingerprint, etc... I would do some research, determine your financial situation with regards to the book and what your plan to do with your book and what grade you want.

if your selling it will the 9.8 that your hoping for net you a profit from the fee's of shipping, grading, pressing and cleaning etc..

just food for thought..

Just now, Krismusic said:

but just to mentioned the clean and press should remove some of the defects you mentioned, but again its not 100% guaranteed to fix the issue or to help the grade bump. Something could go wrong it might not remove the fingerprint, etc... I would do some research, determine your financial situation with regards to the book and what your plan to do with your book and what grade you want.

if your selling it will the 9.8 that your hoping for net you a profit from the fee's of shipping, grading, pressing and cleaning etc..

just food for thought..

you're*

I'm gonna fix you some book learnin'...

1 minute ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

you're*

but mes creditability will be lessener lol 

2 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

you're*

I am more surprised as that's the only spelling/grammar mistake I made in that blurb since I just typed and submitted without proofreading it.

me anglish is not soo well.. lol :roflmao:

2 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Your location says "GTA". Is English not your first language? Or are you busting my chops?

I'm "busting your chops". Although my grammar and spelling can become atrocious at times.