• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

3,000,000 posts countdown for the Comics General forum!
4 4

465 posts in this topic

I did not know who did the drawings, since I was not reading names or remarks. I am not talented, but I think I can recognize excellence just as well as the next guy. I was going to use an emogi to express my admiration, but I did not want to risk a misinterpretation.

Anyway, you have a real gift. Thank you for the response.

3 minutes ago, wilbil said:

I did not know who did the drawings, since I was not reading names or remarks. I am not talented, but I think I can recognize excellence just as well as the next guy. I was going to use an emogi to express my admiration, but I did not want to risk a misinterpretation.

Anyway, you have a real gift. Thank you for the response.

well an emoji like this :golfclap:is usually the proper emoji when you have positive feelings abt something.  A :pullhair: emoji, for example,  would be the opposite.

Do you receive a lot of the first one or the second one? Just kidding. I had time and went back and read posts. It seems it could go either way depending on who posts how many times, though. Just kidding again. I think I will stay away from emojis, for now. 

1 hour ago, wilbil said:

Do you receive a lot of the first one or the second one? Just kidding. I had time and went back and read posts. It seems it could go either way depending on who posts how many times, though. Just kidding again. I think I will stay away from emojis, for now. 

good point

Edited by kav

55 minutes ago, kav said:

well an emoji like this :golfclap:is usually the proper emoji when you have positive feelings abt something.  A :pullhair: emoji, for example,  would be the opposite.

FYI  the golf clap is often sarcastic, the genuine clap is :applause: 

For further info on the golf clap see gif

source.gif

:news: Mike Babcock fired by Leafs 

1 minute ago, Jeffro. said:

The lines have formed. (sigh) Look, I'm as guilty as anyone else but maybe, just maybe we can all put this schoolyard bullpoop behind us and actually talk about, you know, comic books? How about it? 

Sure man.

!!!!!0.jpg.4ed917a23d487c2cbd640d2705e76a6e.jpg!!!!!0.jpg.9b9b081104035dda950b1218b6e9d385.jpg!!!!!0.jpg.0180e02e96fd2f7afb25954ff4aa7288.jpg!!!!!0.jpg.a86c5ca3c82e3947061a97152209a17e.jpg!!!!!0.jpg.96dec965c87dd8f0f3a3934bff657c19.jpg

1 minute ago, bababooey said:

FYI  the golf clap is often sarcastic, the genuine clap is :applause: 

For further info on the golf clap see gif

source.gif

:news: Mike Babcock fired by Leafs 

Good point and great movie!!!!!!!!!!!  ^^

8 minutes ago, Jeffro. said:

Like steveinthecity said, More comics, less general

I was going through the X-Men I am going to put up for sale somewhere soon, and found that not only is my #282 a newsstand, but the #268 as well!

:)

-slym

11 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:
12 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

!!!!!0.jpg.96dec965c87dd8f0f3a3934bff657c19.jpg

That book has delicious Totleben/Bissette art.

Fun fact: Bissette and Totleben actually started on issue #16...four issues before Moore's run began. Each of those issues has the same delightful, eerie art that would characterize the Moore run. #10 is John's first issue in the run.

I love...love love love love....Totleben art. There's something magically visceral about it. 

Edited by RockMyAmadeus
There's no such thing as a factL