• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

3,000,000 posts countdown for the Comics General forum!
4 4

465 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Jeffro. said:

I have some Sgt Rock comics that have back up features drawn by Bissette and Totleben. Veitch too. It's fun to see their earlier stuff. 

I'll have to look those up.Makes me wonder if my dad made the connection?I have about a short box of copper,late bronze DC war readers I'll have to dig through.I specifically remember the two specials as being early off the rack buys and my dad bringing home the Ice Cream Soldier from a used store and still have my childhood351,352& 355 

611015.jpg9eeaf39f2ef4c5d099e03bd2e843eb21.jpg

Made me into a big Kubert fan.First artist I remember Papa talking about.

2 hours ago, SlabScab said:

His spelling sucks though.

Oh I purposely misspell stuff like Mad Magazine, Stu-satire.

Edited by kav

4 hours ago, porcupine48 said:

If I ever hunt down another 9.8-there were a few Conan my dad bought me off the stand I have as rags now I tracked down-this would be it.Later in the run,but I had my OO copy framed on the wall for years,even when I wasn't actively collecting.Masterpiece of mood

794197.jpg

What an awesome cover.  I've never seen this cover and I believe I have most of the run.  

Just now, 50AE said:

Nice book!  I was a huge fan of Brother Power back in the 90s.  I'm glad they gave him a darker story line than what they wrote for him in the original books.

The Brits were masters at taking old, one-dimensional characters and seeing them through entirely new lenses.

I get a thrill every time I see a copy of Doom Patrol #19. What Morrison did with that team is nothing short of miraculous.

2 minutes ago, 50AE said:

Nice book!  I was a huge fan of Brother Power back in the 90s.  I'm glad they gave him a darker story line than what they wrote for him in the original books.

We have brother power on the boards!! :cloud9:

19 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

The Brits were masters at taking old, one-dimensional characters and seeing them through entirely new lenses.

I get a thrill every time I see a copy of Doom Patrol #19. What Morrison did with that team is nothing short of miraculous.

I never got into Doom Patrol, but I felt his Animal Man was very good for the time.  

Just now, 50AE said:

I never got into Doom Patrol, but I felt his Animal Man was very good for the time.  

Fantastic. Amazing, amazing stuff. I posted the last two pages of #15 over in the OA section...

Had an incredible impact on my 17 year old self.

2 hours ago, 50AE said:

What an awesome cover.  I've never seen this cover and I believe I have most of the run.  

Now you need one!I always thought it would make a great t-shirt or poster.I can't imagine seeing the OA!

I didn't remember Severin doing any Sgt Rock,I need to do some reading,check and see if I have 347 tucked away or track one down to give a look see.Big fan of his.

1 minute ago, comics4all said:

Vampi’s got back! 

Its all that blood she drink maybe-

Is blood fattening?  Not sure-

8 hours ago, kav said:

Here's a cover I did for Oakman who is a big Vampirella and Creepy fan as well as Warren War Mags:

33944217_989267347913675_3196164810274242560_o.jpg

Impressive!.

If that was a military recruiting poster, with a message that " All our Captains look like this", every male high school graduate would have signed up. And maybe even some aspiring females.

15 hours ago, Jeffro. said:

That is killer. I have a # 2. Only one I have from the series

WeirdToftFuture-2-fc.thumb.jpg.3.jpg

these cover intrigue me I think I want to read the stories.. damn GA books keep drawing me in.. my pockets wont survive lol