• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

3,000,000 posts countdown for the Comics General forum!
4 4

465 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, kav said:

Here's another sample-I drew about 300 of these cover recreations and GGA for my buddy @Hudson:

1 (20) (1).jpg

awesome work Kav.. love your artwork.

On 11/19/2019 at 3:40 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

KAV INSPIRATIONAL.jpg

These are all a lot of fun, but what I like most about this one is that the motion lines indicate that there is some serious jiggling going on, as though their breasts are also locked in mortal combat!

1 minute ago, F For Fake said:

These are all a lot of fun, but what I like most about this one is that the motion lines indicate that there is some serious jiggling going on, as though their breasts are also locked in mortal combat!

tenor.gif   sorry couldn't resist

18 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Fun fact: Bissette and Totleben actually started on issue #16...four issues before Moore's run began. Each of those issues has the same delightful, eerie art that would characterize the Moore run. #10 is John's first issue in the run.

I love...love love love love....Totleben art. There's something magically visceral about it. 

It's really interesting that you all bring this up, I just finished re-reading the Bronze Age Swampy Omni recently, and while the post-Wein stories (and to be honest, even a chunk of the Wein stuff as well) are pretty atrocious, there was a moment when I was like "Damn, this story sucks, but suddenly the art is much, much better!" And I found myself actually reading the stories instead of just skimming through them. It was then that I realized exactly what you point out, that Totleben was already on the book. I guess in my brain I just always associate him as starting with the Moore run. But you're absolutely right, he had that thing that Bolland had, which was a sort of deep, dark realism. I don't know how to explain it. The drawings were almost three dimensional in their eeriness, the same way all of Bolland's stuff looks kinda creepy even when he's being completely straight forward.

13 hours ago, 50AE said:

I never got into Doom Patrol, but I felt his Animal Man was very good for the time.  

Doom Patrol and Animal Man are so great, I am willing to give Morrison a pass even at his wonkiest. Doom Patrol has to be one of the most imaginative comix in the history of superherodom.

9 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Doom Patrol and Animal Man are so great, I am willing to give Morrison a pass even at his wonkiest. Doom Patrol has to be one of the most imaginative comix in the history of superherodom.

The only issue I read was the one about Codpiece.  It seemed like a goofy story but it didn't turn out too bad.  I may give the series a read.

25 minutes ago, kav said:
28 minutes ago, Hudson said:

Here is another one KAV was kind enough to draw...

1379204491_ASW10KAV1.thumb.jpeg.c3df4f16b5c45d750b829a9efda43d68.jpeg

That's the one that finally got him to like me.  And now, I get the CREDIT.

I'll ponder a frame for mine :)

Cool Hudson!

WOW I am getting credit up the yin yang!!!  That's the only reason I give stuff away!!  That and getting people to like me!!!!  :acclaim:

:roflmao: