• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Should this grade be higher?
2 2

11 posts in this topic

Resub math makes it tough.

Looks like there's wear by the back top staple, and a possible pressable bend/NCB near the bottom back staple, as well as some exceedingly mild ink transfer on the back cover.  I would say if you're not 100% sure it will get a 9.6 (and I don't see how you could be), it's not worth a resub.  Even then the extra cost of a press and turnaround time issues would make me hesitate... buy a higher graded one NOW if interested, and hold it and sell this one when "into the spiderverse 2" is announced

1 minute ago, revat said:

Looks like there's wear by the back top staple, and a possible pressable bend/NCB near the bottom back staple, as well as some exceedingly mild ink transfer on the back cover.  I would say if you're not 100% sure it will get a 9.6 (and I don't see how you could be), it's not worth a resub.  Even then the extra cost of a press and turnaround time issues would make me hesitate... buy a higher graded one NOW if interested, and hold it and sell this one when "into the spiderverse 2" is announced

Yeah thanks I might trade this with another comic I have for a 9.6 and what do you mean about the ink transfer Cause I don’t see that

2 hours ago, revat said:

isn't NCB (non color breaking) crease? 

those creases looked like they broke colour as its shows white for the 2 marks on the back near the staple and the bottom spine triangle. 

22 minutes ago, silversufer27 said:

Idk it’s hard to tell if it breaks color but I think it  does

you should get a loupe or magnifying glass so you can take a closer look to see if the color breaks. If the colour is broken I can't see it going higher. As pressing can't help colour breaking creases. 

Edited by Krismusic