• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Could I get a green label
2 2

40 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Krismusic said:

its actually fairly common a lot of newsstands did this you would be surprise how many copies you of many different books you would come across with this. This is why its fairly well known to the community what type of comic this was and the damage as it is all very similar. 

I’ve heard of something like this but i never really understood it guess now I do thanks

Just now, silversufer27 said:

I’ve heard of something like this but i never really understood it guess now I do thanks

(thumbsu

happy to help.

Search around the boards there's a lot of cool info and stuff if you dig in deep. 

1 minute ago, silversufer27 said:

Idk I think it’s kind of cool lol 

personally I think its cool. its kind of the bootlegger version of a comic lol the Unofficial comic sale. Some like it some don't. It's really up to the collector. Unfortunately for value wise it does hurt the comic a bit, but like all collectable and antiques sometimes if you find the right person or buyer.. Then it sometimes works out. 

If it were me, I'd put it in a nice mylar sleeve and enjoy it just the way it is.... maybe take it out once in a while and thumb through it, since it's your favorite book.

The $40 (or so) that you'll spend on slabbing and shipping doesn't make sense to me. A CGC label/grade doesn't add anything to this cool book. ... save the slabbing for an upgrade with a complete book.

In my Dad's shop, back in the 70's and 80's, we would tear the covers off of paperbacks that didn't sell to get credit. Nothing at all special about coverless books.

1 minute ago, jokiing said:

If it were me, I'd put it in a nice mylar sleeve and enjoy it just the way it is.... maybe take it out once in a while and thumb through it, since it's your favorite book.

The $40 (or so) that you'll spend on slabbing and shipping doesn't make sense to me. A CGC label/grade doesn't add anything to this cool book. ... save the slabbing for an upgrade with a complete book.

In my Dad's shop, back in the 70's and 80's, we would tear the covers off of paperbacks that didn't sell to get credit. Nothing at all special about coverless books.

Yeah that makes sense also I was wondering why there is so much coverless comics I guess I found out now lol but yeah I have some leftover money I will prob grade but thanks for the help

14 hours ago, silversufer27 said:
14 hours ago, jokiing said:

Yeah that makes sense also I was wondering why there is so much coverless comics I guess I found out now lol but yeah I have some leftover money I will prob grade but thanks for the help

do-it.jpg

1 hour ago, oldrover said:

Well, even 0.5's of this book are fetching $300-400 these days. It'll probably pay for itself to slab it.

Granted, it is an amazing book but $300-$400 may be a bit generous with missing story page.

My point was, unless one is flipping the book, is it worth a third party grading and slabbing when grade is pretty obvious. I would much rather get a nice frame and hang it up like a trophy on the wall (and not advertise the grade).

Maybe for some a CGC slab is a trophy case.....

the real question I would ask and be curious about is should he remove that repro top portion of the cover as it will still grade out at a 0.5 but with less notes maybe but also that repro cover looks really bad in my opinion if you were going to do a repro cover I would want something that blends better to the cover at least. or not have it at all. I feel the repro cover is something less desirable. for me its definitely less desirable I rather have the missing portion than a repro portion added. Just my tastes. I wonder what others think. 

1 minute ago, Krismusic said:

the real question I would ask and be curious about is should he remove that repro top portion of the cover as it will still grade out at a 0.5 but with less notes maybe but also that repro cover looks really bad in my opinion if you were going to do a repro cover I would want something that blends better to the cover at least. or not have it at all. I feel the repro cover is something less desirable. for me its definitely less desirable I rather have the missing portion than a repro portion added. Just my tastes. I wonder what others think. 

Idk I think I’ll keep it I think cause page 1 is missing it will look super bad

1 hour ago, oldrover said:

Well, even 0.5's of this book are fetching $300-400 these days. It'll probably pay for itself to slab it.

Nah I don’t care about selling it I just like having my comics graded and it’s a comic I have always wanted I’m willing to pay a extra 40 for it to get it graded

4 minutes ago, silversufer27 said:

Idk I think I’ll keep it I think cause page 1 is missing it will look super bad

oh yeah not saying you have to just wondering what others thoughts were on repro covers. some like them some don't. 

4 minutes ago, silversufer27 said:

I mean I don’t really like it but I think outside of the pale hand it looks fine but I wonder when it got added

I mean you can look at the papers age and do some research to maybe get a idea of how long its been there. but to me from the picc I would guess fairly recent as that paper looks spanking white and the color look's like a inkjet printer maybe. 

28 minutes ago, silversufer27 said:

Nah I don’t care about selling it I just like having my comics graded and it’s a comic I have always wanted I’m willing to pay a extra 40 for it to get it graded

Then I agree with others... if you don't care about selling, put it in a nice plastic display case so you can enjoy it from time to time. :)

1 hour ago, silversufer27 said:

If it ends up in the hands of CGC please share pics and grader notes when you get it back. Results will be educational... and entertaining (in a good way).