• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Could I get a green label
2 2

40 posts in this topic

Yeah I’m sorry if I’m being annoying but last time i asked I asked wrong ok so I recently bought a incomplete ff48 the cover is detached and page 1 is missing and so is one ad page so my question is what grade at a green label would I get because I’ve seen a ff4 get a 5.0 with a missing story page and yeah thanks 

EECE0969-555C-47A0-9649-F277840D9A22.jpeg

24A1CA56-741D-495F-919F-AFC79666659E.png

328291F3-EAAA-4CA7-813A-60D59B1D71EB.jpeg

5A0A3FDA-7A6B-40FB-B51C-98B5511C815C.jpeg

people might have answers or conjecture, but you might as well email CGC about it directly.

Qualified Grades are designed for mid-grade and high-grade books, not beaters.  A Qualified Grade of 6.0 FN, for example, says, "This book would receive a Universal Grade of 6.0 FN, if not for this single disqualifying defect."  Your book has two significant defects: (1) it's a stripped-logo remaindered copy; and (2) it's missing two interior leaves (4 of 32 interior pages).  Either one of these two flaws, by itself, demands a Universal Grade of 0.5 PR.  Bottom-line?  Your book is not eligible to receive a Qualified Grade, even if you specifically request one.

And the fact that your book has a partial reproduction cover has absolutely no effect on anything I've said above.  Enjoy the book for what it is, but don't think twice about having it certified.

36 minutes ago, zzutak said:

Qualified Grades are designed for mid-grade and high-grade books, not beaters.  A Qualified Grade of 6.0 FN, for example, says, "This book would receive a Universal Grade of 6.0 FN, if not for this single disqualifying defect."  Your book has two significant defects: (1) it's a stripped-logo remaindered copy; and (2) it's missing two interior leaves (4 of 32 interior pages).  Either one of these two flaws, by itself, demands a Universal Grade of 0.5 PR.  Bottom-line?  Your book is not eligible to receive a Qualified Grade, even if you specifically request one.

And the fact that your book has a partial reproduction cover has absolutely no effect on anything I've said above.  Enjoy the book for what it is, but don't think twice about having it certified.

Jay is spot on. This is, and always will be no better than a .5. It is incomplete. 

yea I think what zzutak said that the book with that repro cover and missing a page can't get a qualified grade and I think its a 0.5 kind of shocked to see someone put a repro cover on a obvious newsstand cover title rip out (not sure if there is a name for this) but your looking at 0.5 PR grade. 

you can still have it slabbed nothing states you can't if you are slabbing for other reasons go ahead I would email CGC and ask them about it though so you might get a better understanding of what you would want to do with the reproduction cover maybe it might be better to remove it maybe you like it. All these things can be discussed with CGC. That's what I would do. 

1 minute ago, Krismusic said:

yea I think what zzutak said that the book with that repro cover and missing a page can't get a qualified grade and I think its a 0.5 kind of shocked to see someone put a repro cover on a obvious newsstand cover title rip out (not sure if there is a name for this) but your looking at 0.5 PR grade. 

you can still have it slabbed nothing states you can't if you are slabbing for other reasons go ahead I would email CGC and ask them about it though so you might get a better understanding of what you would want to do with the reproduction cover maybe it might be better to remove it maybe you like it. All these things can be discussed with CGC. That's what I would do. 

Ok no problem do the top half of the cover would be ignored? Like the reprint cover?

52 minutes ago, zzutak said:

Wdym about stripped logo?

1 minute ago, silversufer27 said:

Wdym about stripped logo?

I am guessing hes talking about the top of the cover being the ripped at the newsstand copies. if you do a little research you would learn back then newsstands would rip the top of the cover like that and return it as evidence of the returned (unsold) comic so they wouldn't have to pay for it but they would sell the rest of the book at a discounted price. 

https://rarecomics.wordpress.com/newsstand-rarity-discussion-estimates/torn-off-covers-newsstand/

1 minute ago, Krismusic said:

I am guessing hes talking about the top of the cover being the ripped at the newsstand copies. if you do a little research you would learn back then newsstands would rip the top of the cover like that and return it as evidence of the returned (unsold) comic so they wouldn't have to pay for it but they would sell the rest of the book at a discounted price. 

https://rarecomics.wordpress.com/newsstand-rarity-discussion-estimates/torn-off-covers-newsstand/

So that makes the comic even more rare?

Just now, silversufer27 said:

So that makes the comic even more rare?

umm.. no I dont think so in terms of rare what do you mean. it was just a unsold copy the newsstand didn't ship back the entire book and resold it at a bargain price. 

Just now, silversufer27 said:

Yeah read it wrong I just guess it was not very common idk but that makes sense 

its actually fairly common a lot of newsstands did this you would be surprise how many copies you of many different books you would come across with this. This is why its fairly well known to the community what type of comic this was and the damage as it is all very similar.