• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please Grade My F.F. #73

27 posts in this topic

Bit of a tough one, this one. In every other respect, book presents like a 9.2...razor sharp corners and edges, smooth-as-silk sheen to the covers, totally problem-free back cover and interior. But...

As you can see from the scan, there's a couple of tiny dots of foxing close to the spine and...the real problem...that bottom left corner is impacted, leaving two non-colour breaking ridges that run through the book.

So, what say the assembled ranks of the board?

FantasticFour73.jpg

Hey Nick,

I take it you want our opinion and not CGC's? It's a sweet looking copy - which I'd love to have. The impact creases of the size and nature you describe however, IMHO, knock it down quite a bit.

It could squeak by me as an 8.0, but more than likely CGC woul be tougher on it: 7.5 sorry.gif

David,

Yeah, I'm tempted towards a straight eight, too. thumbsup2.gif

It's such a shame because if you hold it with your thumb over that bottom left corner, it looks like a friggin' beauty!

And you can make me an offer if you want it! tongue.gif

Let me check - it may be missing from my current run . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

The foxing isn't that big a deal. I would go with Diva on all counts: 8.0 , but prob CGC 7.5. Depends how bad the creases look on the inside.

I LOVE THAT COVER. cloud9.gif

Peter, this is a classic cover that has been done and redone time and again...Avengers #53, Avengers #70, Avengers King-Size #2...and every time, it's a beaut! thumbsup2.gif

And being faint of heart, I love cricket! Although today's finish nearly gave me a heart attack...if I should expire in the next 48 hours, someone sue the ECB for me... wink.gif

It's a bit cheeky to be boastful after such a tight win, but...yay.

Oh, and your comic? Andy's grade: 8.0.