• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Misc. Golden Age comics - raw and slabbed, low grade and nice
1 1

56 posts in this topic

Hello,

I am going to start tonight with ten raw lower grade Golden Age comics. I have about fifteen or so slabs that I need to scan. Hopefully I can get those done and posted by this evening.

In the meantime -

Usual rules apply -

• 1) All prices include shipping in the US! We will calculate fair shipping to Canada and other parts of the globe!
  • 2) Any item is fully guaranteed, and fully returnable for any reason - NO EXPLANATION NECESSARY!
  • 3) All forms of payment - cash, checks, credit cards, Paypal, barter - will be considered!
  • 4) First "I'll Take It" gets it!
  • 5) Time payments are welcome, but a 20% non-refundable deposit is required to start any layaway!
  • 6) High quality Thread-crapping is encouraged!

Please enjoy!

Batman 73 - 3.0 (good/very good) - off-white pages $450

Detached at top staple with some missing paper there. Still attached at the bottom staple. The paper is really nice and supple.

salebatman73.jpg

salebatman73b.jpg

Batman 81 - 4.0 (very good) - cream to off-white pages - $300 SOLD!

salebatman81.jpg

salebatman81b.jpg

Edited by MrBedrock
Sold!

Catman 22 - 1.8 (fair to good) - cream pages - $375

Cover detached. Most other defects should be visible in the scans. There is blue ink on the front cover around the logo that looks very similar to distributor overspray, but I am pretty certain someone was playing with a fountain pen and made a mess.

salecatman22.jpg

salecatman22b.jpg

Catman 23 - 1.5 (fair) - cream pages - $375

Cover is loose and there is a fair amount of paper loss around the staple area. Otherwise complete.

salecatman23.jpg

salecatman23b.jpg

Edited by MrBedrock

Jolly Jingles 11 - 2.0 (good) - cream to off-white pages - $90

This is just a cool, early (Fall '43), seldom seen MLJ funny animal comic. It is the second issue of the title and the second appearance of Super Duck. There is a neat, full page add with Archie, Jughead, Betty and Veronica at a microphone talking about their new stories in Pep and archie Comics. The top of the cover is starting to chip due to brittleness.

salejollyjingles11.jpg

salejollyjingles11b.jpg

8 minutes ago, JimButlerGA said:

Some really great books here! I'd be taking more but I have to save money for a down payment on a Condo. doh!

Understandable!

7 minutes ago, greggy said:

These books are as rough as your crusty butt. 

An authority! :golfclap: