WTB: Legacy of Superman 2nd print - CLOSED
1 1

5 posts in this topic

128 posts

Trying to complete a Superman Doomsday Death Funeral Return set.

Looking for 9.8 potential raw Superman: The Legacy of Superman 2nd print.

PM with asking price.

Thanks! 

Edited by Iconic1s

128 posts

Thought my problem was solved... found one copy remaining on Atomicavenue... holy cow!!  How could this be??!!  Too good to be true, perhaps, but there it was!  The thumbnail cannot lie!!!  Can it??  I placed my order for $9.81 including shipping.  Thought I was the luckiest guy in the world!  I waited all week.  The seller emailed me proclaiming how beautiful the book was... he bought it new, never read it, and placed it right in the bag and board when brand new.... HE NEVER EVEN CRACKED IT OPEN!!!!!!  This was going to be amazing!!!!  I even told everyone at work this amazing story and what a freaking genius I was for finding this book!

I received the package!  Carefully opened it up, excited to see the white Superman title and that beautiful roman numeral II declaring it a second printing.  Carefully....slowly.... I opened it... this was going to be the greatest triumph ever.  The only thought going through my head was how I'm going to submit this thing right away and get a 9.8!!!  What provenance!!!  This was happening!

BUT NO!!!  I opened the package to reveal the freaking first print.  WTH!!!!

This book is worthless to pretty much 99.9% of members here, somebody throw me a bone please.

Edited by Iconic1s
typo

19,617 posts

It’s not a huge deal, but I think in the rules you’re supposed to put out a price or price range. 

I think this I’ll help motivate anyways. 
good luck 

128 posts
8 hours ago, revat said:

It’s not a huge deal, but I think in the rules you’re supposed to put out a price or price range. 

I think this I’ll help motivate anyways. 
good luck 

Thanks!  I did not realize that and appreciate the help!

For a true 9.8 candidate I'm willing to go up to $100.00.  It really needs to be a nice book though, I am trying not to have to submit multiples of this book as it's been hard enough to find one copy, let alone a second.  Thank you!

128 posts

Closing this thread.  Don't know how to do it officially.  Did not find the book but no longer looking here.