• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Signature idea

2 posts in this topic

I dislike signature books. Never owned one and can’t see that changing anytime soon  

The older they are the more I’m bothered by it. To have a book survive 50/60 years only to have it scribbled on doesn’t seem right. A signed case seems too temporary...like it can rub off or something.  I would however like to have certain artist signatures. 

I’m guessing I’m not the first to come up with this idea but why not have the label signed or at least the option to? I know this will pose logistical encapsulation issues but I know I’d pay for it.  Just a thought. 

Edited by c_mkv

6 hours ago, c_mkv said:

I dislike signature books. Never owned one and can’t see that changing anytime soon  

The older they are the more I’m bothered by it. To have a book survive 50/60 years only to have it scribbled on doesn’t seem right. A signed case seems too temporary...like it can rub off or something.  I would however like to have certain artist signatures. 

I’m guessing I’m not the first to come up with this idea but why not have the label signed or at least the option to? I know this will pose logistical encapsulation issues but I know I’d pay for it.  Just a thought. 

best UDEA I've heard this morning.  seriously, though, not a bad on the face of it.  I can't see CGC eating into their own existing CGC SS monopoly to do it though.  Good idea in general, possibly for a different company, but tough for CGC I think.  Essentially you'd have CGC generate a label, witness the signing of that specific label, then encapsulate that label.  Its a bit too much of self-manufacturing IMO.

I would say that since CGC now does posters/prints/photos, just get a your favorite cover/print/photo (of the right size) CGC SS'd and call it a day if you're not interested in doing books.