• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What Would You Do?
1 1

35 posts in this topic

Yesterday he claimed he shipped it but left the tracking information in his mom's car. 

I am anticipating that the next line will be that his mother's car got abducted by aliens. But the good news will be they have the license plate for these aliens so perhaps I can contact them?

I dunno, the level of amateur here is unlike any I have seen and I feel terribly stupid for not having taken the time to find someone reputable. 

1 minute ago, Glassman10 said:

"In his mom's car"....well, hopefully it's a loss that just leaves you sadder but wiser. There are far worse financial losses that can be had  in my mind.  I would encourage you to out the individual though.   

Wiser yes. It sucks because it is a book I am unlikely to get a deal on ever again. Having talked to some others on Instagram, he has apparently been very sloppy in the past but books were returned. So I actually do think I will get them back. I still think he should be known because this shouldnt happen to a customer. All I ever ask for is communication. You say you are shipping next day, I expect that. If something comes up and you do not, I expect to be told...I shouldnt have to double check or ask. Customer courtesy 1-0-1. 

12 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

Wiser yes. It sucks because it is a book I am unlikely to get a deal on ever again. Having talked to some others on Instagram, he has apparently been very sloppy in the past but books were returned. So I actually do think I will get them back. I still think he should be known because this shouldnt happen to a customer. All I ever ask for is communication. You say you are shipping next day, I expect that. If something comes up and you do not, I expect to be told...I shouldnt have to double check or ask. Customer courtesy 1-0-1. 

well ,maybe his mom grounded him.  One of the troubles with pressing is that too many people think they can do it. 

I do hope you get your book back. Deals do come around though. Consider the fact that I found my AF15 in a box of comics. Miracles happen. 

Well it was mid grade to begin with. I will send pics of what does return. Supposedly I am getting a few freebie books as an apology. One of them may be Marvel Preview 21, a book he had that I had expressed interest in purchasing but passed on. We shall see...

I am confident something is coming as he took a photo of the receipt. 

Edited by comicginger1789

For those who care...

The book was returned. The guy pressed it only and in doing so, he popped the top staple. This was a lower grade copy to begin with but it should have been a 3.5-4.0 book and now, well maybe 2.5? Plus he is too poor to refund me for damages and stuff. Definitely an amateur, definitely my mistake and one I have learned from.