• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Color touch removal
1 1

30 posts in this topic

On 11/8/2019 at 4:13 PM, newshane said:

Yep...the same way you'd remove a scab. Scrape it off. 

Now...imagine what that does to the paper. 

I removed some restoration off my forearm today... (click at your own risk)

Spoiler

PRiN1vA.gif?noredirect

...now my forearm gets a Universal grade!

:devil: (sorry... couldn't resist)

21 hours ago, oldrover said:

I removed some restoration off my forearm today... (click at your own risk)

Reveal hidden contents

PRiN1vA.gif?noredirect

...now my forearm gets a Universal grade!

:devil: (sorry... couldn't resist)

:sick: why did I click... 

27 minutes ago, APDallas said:

I absolutely HATE that purple label. Is it possible to reverse a purple label to a blue one? Anyone have any examples?

Dude, my first post on this thread gave you two. I feel like you're not really paying attention here.

And there's only one foolproof way to get rid of a purple label for sure: sell it and buy a blue label.

2 hours ago, oldrover said:

Dude, my first post on this thread gave you two. I feel like you're not really paying attention here.

And there's only one foolproof way to get rid of a purple label for sure: sell it and buy a blue label.

THIS exactly... 

I mean its also all over the board about people removing CT tear seals etc.. if you search you will find. 

Here's an example of a Dark Mysteries 3 I sent in to CGC.

When I got it back it was a Purple label 7.0.  I got the graders notes and there was some glue at the top of the spine.  I popped it out of the slab, carefully scraped the glue off (which was sealing a tiny 3/16" tear at the top of the spine) and sent it back in to CGC.  It came back as a 7.0 Blue label.

9 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

Here's an example of a Dark Mysteries 3 I sent in to CGC.

When I got it back it was a Purple label 7.0.  I got the graders notes and there was some glue at the top of the spine.  I popped it out of the slab, carefully scraped the glue off (which was sealing a tiny 3/16" tear at the top of the spine) and sent it back in to CGC.  It came back as a 7.0 Blue label.

Well done!