• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with CGC Display Holders - with UV protection
1 1

14 posts in this topic

Hi there,

About 6-12 months ago, I came across a thread here that discussed some amazing CGC holders for display.   These stand up the books vertically in the case with a base made out of some type of plastic that is supposed to be archival quality.  In addition, I went to the website at the time and for $20 (maybe $40, cannot recall exactly) more you could get the case with UV protection.   They are also the perfect fit for the new CGC cases.

Can someone help me out with a link to these products?  The buyer was very happy and posted pics at the time.  I searched and cannot find this older thread.  Appreciate any help someone can give.  I am planning to display some of my nicer books in my office and these look great.

Thanks!!!!

3 minutes ago, BladeTX said:

Hi there,

About 6-12 months ago, I came across a thread here that discussed some amazing CGC holders for display.   These stand up the books vertically in the case with a base made out of some type of plastic that is supposed to be archival quality.  In addition, I went to the website at the time and for $20 (maybe $40, cannot recall exactly) more you could get the case with UV protection.   They are also the perfect fit for the new CGC cases.

Can someone help me out with a link to these products?  The buyer was very happy and posted pics at the time.  I searched and cannot find this older thread.  Appreciate any help someone can give.  I am planning to display some of my nicer books in my office and these look great.

Thanks!!!!

dont do it.... lol just my opinion I would display the cheaper books as your expensive books even with the UV protection will fade still slowly but never the less they will fade very slowly over time with the UV protection. 

but here is a site I came across that might satisfy your needs.

https://thecollectorsresource.com/UV-graded-comic-book-frame

21 hours ago, Krismusic said:

dont do it.... lol just my opinion I would display the cheaper books as your expensive books even with the UV protection will fade still slowly but never the less they will fade very slowly over time with the UV protection. 

but here is a site I came across that might satisfy your needs.

https://thecollectorsresource.com/UV-graded-comic-book-frame

Thanks.  One option for me is instead of displaying signed versions of the books worth $500 and $800, I have CGC holdered non-signed versions worth $100 and $350.   I can still show off my favorite books and put up the non-signed versions if you think there is risk of damage (the books are in a bookcase where there is no direct sunlight)

Just now, BladeTX said:

Helpful thread, thanks

not a problem good luck with whatever you choose to do. But at least you will be educated about your decision. I got some reprints to display of my prized books I'll probably get some frames over the holidays and hang them up. I rather hang up a reprint of my precious book as I can enjoy the reprint as much as I can the original without having to worry that my original is getting damaged. 

21 hours ago, Krismusic said:

I think this might be the older thread you wanted.

Thanks very much for your help but this is not the case.  The one mentioned before was about $60+ or so if I recall and an extra $20 for UV protection.   I remember thinking the all-in price with shipping was gonna be about $100 per book.  The member raved about the quality of the case and how the books snapped in and fit great.  But for $100 or so... it should.

6 minutes ago, BladeTX said:

Thanks.  One option for me is instead of displaying signed versions of the books worth $500 and $800, I have CGC holdered non-signed versions worth $100 and $350.   I can still show off my favorite books and put up the non-signed versions if you think there is risk of damage (the books are in a bookcase where there is no direct sunlight)

the choice is yours to do what you want with your books some dont care about the UV damage some do.

Just now, Krismusic said:

the choice is yours to do what you want with your books some dont care about the UV damage some do.

Thanks... if I do this... most appropriate approach would be to display the non-signed graded books.   These are not the expensive books in my collection.  I have 2 copies of Sig Series Walking Dead #1 (Black and White label versions) but I am not gonna leave a $2K book sitting out in my house.   I like these two because they are my favorite covers of the series.

did you check my last link I think that site is the one the member was referring to it has a option for 20$ UV protection under the material tab 

https://cgagrading.com/OnlineStore/AcrylicDisplayCaseStandforCGCGradedComicBooks.html