• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hakes auctions
1 1

18 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, batman_fan said:

Nothing in this one I was interested in but definitely want to check out where the Captain Action outfits closed at.

K, just looked :whatthe:

Screen Shot 2019-11-07 at 9.09.29 PM.png

The Green Hornet complete still the gold standard for these?

I have always loved that Blazing Combat cover.

Certainly not the look or style most are used to seeing from Fraz, and when one says his name, it's not the first piece to spring to mind.
All that said, at it's core, it has all the power and muscularity of the most in your face Fritz pieces. I wish there were more of this style floating around out there. More angular and blocky, and less softer lines. VERY comicbook.

6 minutes ago, ESeffinga said:

Certainly not the look or style most are used to seeing from Fraz, and when one says his name, it's not the first piece to spring to mind.
All that said, at it's core, it has all the power and muscularity of the most in your face Fritz pieces. I wish there were more of this style floating around out there. More angular and blocky, and less softer lines. VERY comicbook.

You nailed it A stark and completely satisfying recording of the hell that is war. 

12 hours ago, batman_fan said:

Nothing in this one I was interested in but definitely want to check out where the Captain Action outfits closed at.

K, just looked :whatthe:

Screen Shot 2019-11-07 at 9.09.29 PM.png

Holy c r a p!  I had a bunch of these as a kid!  I remember opening them on Christmas morning sometime in the late 60's and loved them!  Long gone, and certainly never mint in box once the presents were unwrapped.  Anyone know what year these came out specifically?

Edited by stinkininkin

5 hours ago, ESeffinga said:

God, you are so right.  I LOVE this cover.  Everything you said is spot on, and I would take this over many of his more prominent and lush pieces.  This cover is BRUTAL and BEAUTIFUL, all at the same time.

1 hour ago, stinkininkin said:

Holy c r a p!  I had a bunch of these as a kid!  I remember opening them on Christmas morning sometime in the late 60's and loved them!  Long gone, and certainly never mint in box once the presents were unwrapped.  Anyone know what year these came out specifically?

I have a Captain Action and Dr Evil not in the box, Captain Action is mint, complete but Dr Evil isn’t.  Got them from a comic book shop in Phoenix at a Sunday sale they were having, $20 each with $25% off so the pair cost me $30 before tax.  I also snagged a Batman outfit on the card off an auction back in the 90s.  Still have them

0CD7E923-7BED-4E89-93F8-226CC2300F30.jpeg

Only one piece interested me and I won it. 

On the other hand, I only half heartily bid on one piece in the Comiclink auction and didn't bother bidding on the other 3 items I was interested in.

Edited by Shemp

4 hours ago, stinkininkin said:

Those are the 1967 models, which had the flicker rings.  The 1966 versions didn't have the ring and Spidey wasn't available in that series.  

50 minutes ago, 1Toy2Many said:

Those are the 1967 models, which had the flicker rings.  The 1966 versions didn't have the ring and Spidey wasn't available in that series.  

Very nice auction SR you guys listed some sweet stuff.