• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heroes getting clobbered
2 2

122 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

FB_IMG_1531182029737.jpg

yeah someone started going into crouch like that that's when I launch immediate front kick to noggin!

2 minutes ago, kav said:

yeah someone started going into crouch like that that's when I launch immediate front kick to noggin!

Yes, but even Hulk couldn't counter Spidermans,  as when performed properly lifts opponent off the ground.. hahaha...

1 minute ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Yes, but even Hulk couldn't counter Spidermans,  as when performed properly lifts opponent off the ground.. hahaha...

True but just remember when Sandman hammered Spidey in the-

22 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

I have an extensive collection of martial arts books as well. 20191111_195029.thumb.jpg.4d60e573c7e7bece0ee50a6993f9ff80.jpg20191014_165559.thumb.jpg.b2fcc2629345c4ecd5c94a5d3de2f9a2.jpg

best books are bruce lee's 4 volume fighting methods.  I had huge library, donated to friend's dojo-no one ever read a single one-

what a waste

5 minutes ago, kav said:

best books are bruce lee's 4 volume fighting methods.  I had huge library, donated to friend's dojo-no one ever read a single one-

what a waste

This was the only pictures I had on my phone. Have a TON more including those and a few others on Bruce Lee. I have read all of them several times. I too have shared it with several local centers.  I agree that sounds like a waste.  So much knowledge.  I really  acquired most of these through the years I traveled and trained.  Met so many amazing people from all walks of like. 

1 minute ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

This was the only pictures I had on my phone. Have a TON more including those and a few others on Bruce Lee. I have read all of them several times. I too have shared it with several local centers.  I agree that sounds like a waste.  So much knowledge.  I really  acquired most of these through the years I traveled and trained.  Met so many amazing people from all walks of like. 

You cant be a real martial artist unless you read.  So much info out there.  Tao of JKD is also good-written while bruce was laid up with his back injury.  (which he never recovered from-was in pain entire filming of enter the dragon).  

My martial arts ex-buddy also kept asking me how to get in the splits.  I told him, over and over.  Not once did he follow my instructions.  If you are close to the splits, you get in hot tub for 1/2 hour, steam bath for 1/2 hour-then go into the splits.  That is how I got them.  You need to fully loosen muscles and tendons with slow heat then do the final push.  Once you have them, you keep them.  61 years old can still do splits both ways no problemo.

6 minutes ago, kav said:

You cant be a real martial artist unless you read.  So much info out there.  Tao of JKD is also good-written while bruce was laid up with his back injury.  (which he never recovered from-was in pain entire filming of enter the dragon).  

Reading definitely helps as it trains the mind and visualization,  but it really takes practice and training the muscles for their endurance and muscle memory.  Movement needs to become second nature and more of a response then just a movement.