• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todd McFarlane CGC Private Signing December 2019
6 6

1,036 posts in this topic

Alright so I have a CGC paid account, I have sent many comics into CGC by cons, but I have never sent one in by mail or private signing so i got a few questions hopefully some of you can help me out because my head is spinning ???. I'm looking to submitted 5 books overall. 3 Raw Books & 2 CGC Yellow SS

1) I downloaded the CGC Private Signing Submission form at the link cgc provided. It looks there are 9 pages, some of them are the same as the first page just with black bars over a few sections. What is the point of this? Do i need to fill it out and send in all 9 pages? Seems rather repetitive since they are the same pages.

2) As some one stated above, CGC says it wants the quantity, date (mo.yr) publisher, title, issue number, pedigree & variant. There is no section for date and publisher so under title I just filled it out like this (ex. Amazing Spider-Man - Marvel Comics, 5,88). Not sure if this is where it's suppose to go but does this work?

3) I am also sending in 2 CGC yellow SS books to add Todds sig.  My questions are - Does this need to go on its own order form? I am getting the same grading service for all books so it seems like it shouldn't have too but i thought i'd check.  Under Certification do I just put the number above the barcode on the CGC yellow label. Is this all I need for CGC Slabs?

4) Once i finish filling out this form do you guys recommend I scan the form and save a copy for my own personal record? Is there an easier way to do this as someone who has a paid membership of CGC?

sorry if these questions are super "newbie" but i rather make sure im handling this right

thanks in advance.

4 hours ago, Dsaitta5587 said:

Alright so I have a CGC paid account, I have sent many comics into CGC by cons, but I have never sent one in by mail or private signing so i got a few questions hopefully some of you can help me out because my head is spinning ???. I'm looking to submitted 5 books overall. 3 Raw Books & 2 CGC Yellow SS

1) I downloaded the CGC Private Signing Submission form at the link cgc provided. It looks there are 9 pages, some of them are the same as the first page just with black bars over a few sections. What is the point of this? Do i need to fill it out and send in all 9 pages? Seems rather repetitive since they are the same pages.

2) As some one stated above, CGC says it wants the quantity, date (mo.yr) publisher, title, issue number, pedigree & variant. There is no section for date and publisher so under title I just filled it out like this (ex. Amazing Spider-Man - Marvel Comics, 5,88). Not sure if this is where it's suppose to go but does this work?

3) I am also sending in 2 CGC yellow SS books to add Todds sig.  My questions are - Does this need to go on its own order form? I am getting the same grading service for all books so it seems like it shouldn't have too but i thought i'd check.  Under Certification do I just put the number above the barcode on the CGC yellow label. Is this all I need for CGC Slabs?

4) Once i finish filling out this form do you guys recommend I scan the form and save a copy for my own personal record? Is there an easier way to do this as someone who has a paid membership of CGC?

sorry if these questions are super "newbie" but i rather make sure im handling this right

thanks in advance.

I can answer a couple of those.

1) YES you must fill out every page. If you look at the very bottom of every page it shows every department of CGC that needs a copy. It may not show when you print it out (mine didn't) but it shows on the PDF.

4) Yes, I would save a copy for your records, but the good thing is that you do not have to go through that much trouble.  The PDF actually lets you type out your information in it on the computer and it will also populate to the other forms. So you don't have to hand write everything 9 times. You only have to really fill out the first page, print all the pages out, sign and date them, then you are done. You can print out multiple copies instead of scanning it.

Edited by Antyreal

2 hours ago, Antyreal said:

I can answer a couple of those.

1) YES you must fill out every page. If you look at the very bottom of every page it shows every department of CGC that needs a copy. It may not show when you print it out (mine didn't) but it shows on the PDF.

4) Yes, I would save a copy for your records, but the good thing is that you do not have to go through that much trouble.  The PDF actually lets you type out your information in it on the computer and it will also populate to the other forms. So you don't have to hand write everything 9 times. You only have to really fill out the first page, print all the pages out, sign and date them, then you are done. You can print out multiple copies instead of scanning it.

Didn’t try typing it on a computer! Thanks for the help, I think this will make life a little easier. Also, what are you guys putting for date signed just 12/19?

Edited by Dsaitta5587

5 hours ago, Dsaitta5587 said:

Didn’t try typing it on a computer! Thanks for the help, I think this will make life a little easier. Also, what are you guys putting for date signed just 12/19?

I left the "date signed" field blank, admittedly I didn't ask CGC, but even CGC doesn't "give the date of the signing", they just say have books in by Dec 9th (shrug) so I'm sure they'll fill that blank in but don't quote me :eek: eek

I’m a little confused by the “fill out all 9 pages” thing. The first one is CCS. I am not getting any books pressed so why do they need a form when I’m not using their service? And the last one says “customer copy” - isn’t that the copy I keep for myself?

CGC made this form very confusing. 

35 minutes ago, Cman429 said:

I’m a little confused by the “fill out all 9 pages” thing. The first one is CCS. I am not getting any books pressed so why do they need a form when I’m not using their service? And the last one says “customer copy” - isn’t that the copy I keep for myself?

CGC made this form very confusing. 

Fill out the first page on your computer and it will populate and fill out the rest of the pages for you....... this is getting a little redundant. YOU FILL OUT 1 Page, but sign and date all 9...

it's a general form that shows pricing for pressing and without, this way they can see which you picked and provide one form to everyone..... they tried to make it the least confusing as possible lol 

:foryou: It's all good!

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

LOL. Just based on the questions we're getting in the forum, I can only imagine the avalanche of email/calls that the CGC customer service reps are getting. This McFarlane signing is starting to feel like the biggest event that CGC has ever done...

Edited by eee91

Whooops! I just figured all the extra pages were in case you were sending 700 things to be signed (shrug). I only sent the first page back. It arrived yesterday and is already posted on my account. I am sure it will all work out :popcorn:

10 minutes ago, Jasten said:

Whooops! I just figured all the extra pages were in case you were sending 700 things to be signed (shrug). I only sent the first page back. It arrived yesterday and is already posted on my account. I am sure it will all work out :popcorn:

I only sent first page as well for the 2 books I want signed, and is now posted on my account as well. I am not in any way worried ....