• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todd McFarlane CGC Private Signing December 2019
6 6

1,036 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Transplant said:

Just buy an existing signed book. This sig opp is one of the highest charges I’ve ever seen for McFarlane. 

Really? It seemed like a fair price with grading included. I’ve been itching for it since I want one of the new variants signed and slabbed. But I suppose I could wait for them to come to the after market. 

11 minutes ago, Transplant said:

Keep those new member questions coming folks. I’m here to help. Never to criticize or belittle. Serving our benevolent overlords. Please. Let me help you help them. And you. 

I'm  keeping the candle lit for my fallen brother, fingh.

2 minutes ago, Shawngk said:

Ok. I’m new here.  How does a graded book come back like and will there be a certificate of authenticity for the sig.  just curios, this is my first Cgc comic.

No. The yellow label is the de facto coa. It comes back via usps registered mail by default, I believe. 

17 minutes ago, Shawngk said:

Ok. I’m new here.  How does a graded book come back like and will there be a certificate of authenticity for the sig.  just curios, this is my first Cgc comic.

If you look toward the top of this subforum, there is a thread specifically for newbies to find some beginner information about CGC SS.  Additionally, you should check out the CGC website in general.

31 minutes ago, Lifesuggs said:

If I put a $5 bill in my already signed book, will Todd pretend he signed it at the signing?

also does anyone know why he won’t sign that specific short list?

He doesn't sign books he had nothing to do with/didn't get paid for basically, and doesn't do ratio/incentive variants out of principle. You can hear him talk about it here

1 hour ago, ThothAmon said:

Neat opportunity for new people (like me) to sig series. Ironic that the main reason im doing this is for resale value yet the value after the thousands of new sig series McFarland books is bound to plummet. 

C9925061-DBF0-4971-8279-686403D97F6F.jpeg

I'm excited to hear about it though! Going big or Going home always is interesting, can't wait to see and :wishluck: for your results!

2 hours ago, Jeffro. said:

There are plenty of new "members" here and they apparently are more important. Isn't that always the way? Jettison the old. Welcome the new. 

There are plenty of old "members" who are perfectly capable of getting along with new "members", I hope it happens more :shy: !!!

2 hours ago, ThothAmon said:

Neat opportunity for new people (like me) to sig series. Ironic that the main reason im doing this is for resale value yet the value after the thousands of new sig series McFarland books is bound to plummet. 

C9925061-DBF0-4971-8279-686403D97F6F.jpeg

I was thinking this too.  I have a Hulk 340 I was thinking about sending in, but its probably no higher than a 9.0 at best, and I know values will plummet once people start getting their books back from CGC in the short term.  I’m actually now leaning towards finding a cleaner copy this weekend, or skipping the signing and checking ebay in a few months.  So hard to decide though, the submitting and waiting for a grade is all part of the fun and I’m not really looking to sell anytime soon.