• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todd McFarlane CGC Private Signing December 2019
6 6

1,036 posts in this topic

On 11/20/2019 at 11:23 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

ya I didn't see that it was already a CGC 9.8, if they crack it out, I'm sure they have it covered :) Still something that is easier to do in person :foryou: But I don't believe that's ever an option with Todd!

Don't know if it's ever been done, as back covers are 99.9% not autograph-worthy, but this one is screaming for a double auto front and back !!  

21 hours ago, Xenosmilus said:

Apologies if someone asked this but I have 5 books I want to send in.  2 of them I want to get pressed.  Based on how the submission form is set up it appears that you have to submit two separate order forms based on their instructions. One for the books you want pressed and one for the non-pressing books.  Is this correct?

I'm filling out 2 forms for this. If that's the case should we also ship them separate?

Also does anyone know how we calculate CGC's shipping fees for the total due?

10 minutes ago, zsarkis said:

I'm filling out 2 forms for this. If that's the case should we also ship them separate?

I believe on the form under the shipping option or somewhere on there, it said $14 or $16 for the 1st book and add another $2 per additional...book

I don't have the form in front of me, but that is what I remember :wishluck: 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

5 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I believe on the form under the shipping option or somewhere on there, it said $14 or $16 for the 1st book and add another $2 per additional...book

I don't have the form in front of me, but that is what I remember :wishluck: 

oops yeah I'm blind, thanks!

14 for the first, 2 for each additional.

image.png.15559547a7d8dd10824cb36ec6c3851a.png

16 minutes ago, zsarkis said:

6 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Yeah I'm with @ADAMANTIUM.  I have no idea why they added that last shipping page in their form.  It contradicts what they state at the beginning.  Same thing with picking a tier, it doesn't apply in this case I believe.

34 minutes ago, zsarkis said:

No.... I packaged each set of books separately (one regular and one with pressing) with the appropriate forms and shipped them together in one box. I wrote on the outside of each package that they were separate orders. Arrived and submitted correctly.

Edited by jokiing

4 hours ago, RyanP1121 said:

I was thinking this too.  I have a Hulk 340 I was thinking about sending in, but its probably no higher than a 9.0 at best, and I know values will plummet once people start getting their books back from CGC in the short term.  I’m actually now leaning towards finding a cleaner copy this weekend, or skipping the signing and checking ebay in a few months.  So hard to decide though, the submitting and waiting for a grade is all part of the fun and I’m not really looking to sell anytime soon.  

Do you think the values will come down significantly after this signing? Guess it would depend on which books. I’m thinking of submitting more for my PC. 

Might consider waiting too if it will save a few $$$

1 hour ago, rogue14 said:

Do you think the values will come down significantly after this signing? Guess it would depend on which books. I’m thinking of submitting more for my PC. 

Might consider waiting too if it will save a few $$$

I would imagine prices on most of the popular ones come down if there is a flood in the market of people trying to sell them.  Hopefully that’s not the case and people are adding these to their personal collection for a while.  For me, it just seems more fun to find my own raw copy, send it in, wait for the results, etc than to just buy it on eBay.  If your only concern is absolute minimum cost I get it but for me it’s about the fun of the hunt and submitting, it almost feels like rolling the dice a bit.  

On 11/21/2019 at 8:19 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I know someone asked that earlier on, but I don't think they were ever answered.... I'll check :)

I've had books signed by McFarlane in the past (not through CGC) and from what I'm told by the facilitator, Todd is notorious for signing in whatever ink color he feels in the moment and doesn't really pay any attention to requests for ink color preference. I sent my books in with an ask for Silver, but was told that on the actual day, midway through signing, Todd decided to switch and started using a blue Sharpie! My heart sank, as I think blue kills the look. Anyways, when I finally got my books back, I was relieved that mine made it in the silver batch. Facilitator told me I got lucky, as in the end no one can tell Todd what to do :)

15 hours ago, littlebull said:

Todd has stated there are books he wont sign, which i totally understand. he wont sign books he had nothing to do with, the homage covers etc.....but why wont he sign the Spawn Thank You issue? Its a Spawn book....anyone have any idea?

Maybe because it was a free book he sent out to retailers and he doesn't want anyone selling it at a ridiculous price since it was free?

On 11/22/2019 at 4:49 PM, Transplant said:
On 11/22/2019 at 4:47 PM, Jeffro. said:

I'm  keeping the candle lit for my fallen brother, fingh.

Let’s not get sidetracked on what a fing travesty the mods are nowadays. Focus on helping and being respectful to new customers. I mean members. Never mind the people whose volume helped carry the SS program in its infancy. 

What? Surely you jest. People who have been doing SS for a decade+? That's an urban legend. There are only new custome, er, members.

On 11/23/2019 at 6:31 AM, ThothAmon said:

Neat opportunity for new people (like me) to sig series. Ironic that the main reason im doing this is for resale value yet the value after the thousands of new sig series McFarland books is bound to plummet. 

That wacky McFarland! Economics is a harsh mistress...

26 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

:jokealert: Stamp collecting was generational.  Most collectors are dead and their collections worthless.

Threw all my inverted jennies away.