• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todd McFarlane CGC Private Signing December 2019
6 6

1,036 posts in this topic

On 11/24/2019 at 3:10 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Can I just have a list of what everyone is sending in? :sumo: so that I could decide what is the rarest signature!

I will only send three comics : ASM #300, Spawn #1 and ... Hulk 345!

Why this issue of Hulk?

It's the last and complete McFarlane issue (Hulk). But most of all, it is one it is my most favorite comics of all time

The last panels are memorable! Thirty years later, I am still shivering...

The leader detonates the bomb prematurely and then :

image.thumb.png.f3bfa44ca987f68b0afb16d68c105654.png

BOOM!!

8 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

Any guesses how many books he can actually sign in 2 days? I mean you can only do so many.... I'm guessing around 5000 (2,500 a day).

I hadn't thought about it but sounds right.

What's your estimate for cgc books in 3 or 6 weeks?

No worries I'm sure they've got it covered, but they still never said when exactly the signing is, only to "have them in by dec 9th....

3 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

What's your estimate for cgc books in 3 or 6 weeks?

Well, if he signs the week of Dec 9th then the best case I think (with the holidays and what not) the first week of February (grading plus press).  Thats with an assumption that a lot of people take off work between Christmas and New Years. Realistically I'm hoping end of February or early March.

23 minutes ago, Jasten said:

My card just got charged for the ccs pressing service. I suspect that means they are pressing before signing. Would make sense to try to keep the promised turnaround. I hope they are careful with the signings!

Ummm ... you may want to double check with them on this. The pressing should happen after Todd signs ... not before.

Apologies if this has already been asked. In the cgc form, it says to list the shipping fees on line 5, but on the total area its listed as line 4. Which line should we add the shipping fees? Pictures enclosed for visual reference. Thanks in advance.

D94E9AEC-8256-4012-B1C0-DC95E88C6444.jpeg

8E1ED46B-5B14-46B9-950B-D44FA2F69FEC.jpeg

4 hours ago, rogue14 said:

Apologies if this has already been asked. In the cgc form, it says to list the shipping fees on line 5, but on the total area its listed as line 4. Which line should we add the shipping fees? Pictures enclosed for visual reference. Thanks in advance.

D94E9AEC-8256-4012-B1C0-DC95E88C6444.jpeg

8E1ED46B-5B14-46B9-950B-D44FA2F69FEC.jpeg

I think that last shipping page is not relevant based on the submitting form which says it's $14 plus $2 for each book after that. That Line 5 you have a ? by is if you want your book scanned.

Screen Shot 2019-11-30 at 1.27.41 AM.png

Edited by Xenosmilus

@rogue14

@Xenosmilus

I think that the " line 5 " is a typo and should read "line 4".  Depending on the shipping service you are going with, calculate the amount and enter it on line 4.

edit: here are photos of an older form where the shipping cost for domestic US registered mail is on line 5 and is for the table you’re referring to. 

1C94FAC9-B344-43A1-9FE8-0CE7CACDB75F.jpeg

5E79A2EB-9582-4398-A6E7-D2A3BC84A7F6.jpeg

Edited by Catwomancomics

5 minutes ago, Catwomancomics said:

@rogue14

@Xenosmilus

I think that the " line 5 " is a typo and should read "line 4".  Depending on the shipping service you are going with, calculate the amount and enter it on line 4.

So you would disregard shipping is $14 plus $2 each additional book then? One of them is incorrect. I have 3 books and put $18 for shipping based on what i just  described.

9 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

So you would disregard shipping is $14 plus $2 each additional book then? One of them is incorrect. I have 3 books and put $18 for shipping based on what i just  described.

If you are using USPS for return shipping use the table on the back only.

If you are using UPS for return shipping then its $14 for the first and $2 for each additional book.

edit photo of shipping on form explains it all.  And disregard the  $10 first book and all other costs in the photo.  As stated, this is an older form and first book is now $14

EADEE881-A0E5-4724-83AD-4342FA858AF1.jpeg

Edited by Catwomancomics

On 11/27/2019 at 3:03 AM, rogue14 said:

If you had a raw book signed by Stan Lee, would you send it in for Todd to sign even though it would get the green yellow label? 

I wouldn't do it.  I would stick with a yellow only label and with creators that actually worked on the book.

Edit:  If you’re dead set on having a Stan Lee / Todd McFarlane book, then buy a yellow label Stan book and have a witness / CGC crack it open and get it done that way.

Edited by Catwomancomics

22 minutes ago, Ehabsamuel said:

Quick question: the online order form for this signing is several pages long. If we are only subbing 1-2 books, do we have to fill in all of the pages?

Thanks in advance

when you open the forms on your computer, fill them out on your computer before printing, entering info on the first page on your computer basically auto populates the rest of the pages for you...... except the date and sign portion...

CGC instructions are to fill out all 9 pages, but some have got by without it...I just don't recommend that and to be sure and follow what's laid out :) 

Hope this is a quick enough response and answers your questions ;)