• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todd McFarlane CGC Private Signing December 2019
6 6

1,036 posts in this topic

Decided to take the plunge. Sent in the following

2 copies Spawn #1 newsstand

1 copy Spawn #1

7 copies Spiderman #1 various covers

1 copy Platinum Spiderman #1

Incredible Hulk 341, 342(x2), 343

ASM 307, 312, 316, 319

Marvel Age #91(x2)

Marvel Tales 223, 224, 226, 229, 233(x2), 235(x2), 236

Box is at CGC already. 

17 minutes ago, YouFoundDonon said:

If the comic arrives on December 9th, is that still enough time? I am waiting for a comic to arrive, planned Friday, I am them shipping it next day to CGC... I am worried it won't get there until Monday.

Is that acceptable to still be signed? 

It says by 12/9 so it should be OK. Personally, I would not cut it that close, especially around this time of the year. 

2 minutes ago, joeypost said:

1 copy Spawn #1

ASM 307, 312, 316, 319

Marvel Age #91(x2)

Box is at CGC already. 

:wishluck: 

1 hour ago, joeypost said:

It says by 12/9 so it should be OK. Personally, I would not cut it that close, especially around this time of the year. 

I wish I didn't have to, but we got 16 inches of snow up here in CT so it delayed the delivery of my comic from Wednesday to Friday of this week :(

I sent in :

1) two copies Spawn #1

2) Spawn #2

3) Spawn #3

4) X-Force joins Spider-man #16 Sabotage x-over sideways edition, newstand

My USPS tracking # says it has arrived at CGC yesterday.

With the Free membership, will my lot show up under "MY Submissions" and give me a status?

I'm guessing they need to go through them and enter them into their system. I'm just wondering how long that usually takes.

Thanks guys and good luck !!

3 hours ago, joeypost said:

1 copy Spawn #1

ASM 307, 312, 316, 319

Marvel Age #91(x2)

Box is at CGC already. 

Marvel Age #91?  (Do you mean #90? Or is there significance for Todd with issue 91 too?)

Sent the following:

Coyote 11 (x3) and 13
Spawn 1
Batman 423 (2nd printing)
Detective Comics 576, 577, 578
Venom 1 (Remastered Edition)
Amazing Spider-Man 328
Amazing Spider-Man: Skating on Thin Ice 1
Marvel Age 90
Marvel Tales 227, 234, 235

2 hours ago, Faceball said:

I sent in :

1) two copies Spawn #1

2) Spawn #2

3) Spawn #3

With the Free membership, will my lot show up under "MY Submissions" and give me a status?

I'm guessing they need to go through them and enter them into their system. I'm just wondering how long that usually takes.

I'm pretty sure it will show up in the system.  BUT with the actual signing, the signing, the order of processing, the holidays, the weekends, the employee vacations around this time of year, it could be awhile.  Either way, you can always email CGC customer service to ask for an update on your order (how helpful they can be is another issue, though I believe they make a good faith effort). 

There has been one comic I have really been after to send in for a Todd Mcfarlane Signature Series.  I finally was able to track down a copy , unfortunately due to shipping from Brazil it will not be here in time( and when it does make it sure I will send this to a facilitator to have it signed) . If anyone else has a copy I would Definitely be interested.  Here is the comic.

20191116_005907.jpg.7aa2ca6b258286e253997a841ca9ba47.jpg

5 hours ago, revat said:

8 hours ago, Faceball said:

I sent in :

1) two copies Spawn #1

2) Spawn #2

3) Spawn #3

I'm pretty sure it will show up in the system.  BUT with the actual signing, the signing, the order of processing, the holidays, the weekends, the employee vacations around this time of year, it could be awhile.  Either way, you can always email CGC customer service to ask for an update on your order (how helpful they can be is another issue, though I believe they make a good faith effort). 

My guess would be that books wouldn’t be entered into the system until after the signing. I’ve also never done a private signing through CGC, but since the grading happens after the signing it’d make sense to me that it might be a couple of weeks before they get entered. Someone who has done a private signing may have actual info though. 

I'll put this here, too, in case someone has an answer:

Soooooo...this may not be the best place to ask this, but do we know definitively how to tell the bagged UPC green from the unbagged regular UPC green...?

I have a couple of bagged UPCs...but I don't want to unbag them and have them relegated to standard UPC copies.

I'm not sure on this but what I can say is I didn't send my slabbed books in with window bags and now I'm second guessing myself. It didn't state (as far from I could tell) that you have to send in window bags with slabbed books so I didn't. It only stated you have to send in window bags with unslabbed books.  Does anyone know if this is the case (no pun intended)?

57 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

I'm not sure on this but what I can say is I didn't send my slabbed books in with window bags and now I'm second guessing myself. It didn't state (as far from I could tell) that you have to send in window bags with slabbed books so I didn't. It only stated you have to send in window bags with unslabbed books.  Does anyone know if this is the case (no pun intended)?

I don't this would result in them outright rejecting your entire order, I'm sure they'd rather have not lose the total signing fee over a 50 cent bag.  I assume you're paying $5 per slab for them to crack it, I think most people assume that process includes putting the raw comic into a comic bag.  With that being said, seems like a good question to ask CGC directly, if it hasn't been asked and answered already.

1 hour ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

I'll put this here, too, in case someone has an answer:

Soooooo...this may not be the best place to ask this, but do we know definitively how to tell the bagged UPC green from the unbagged regular UPC green...?

I have a couple of bagged UPCs...but I don't want to unbag them and have them relegated to standard UPC copies.

Not 100% sure if it applies to the green edition, but the price of the book may be on the bag and not the cover. ... I know that's the case with the Silver edition....

*Spoke too soon.... covers look identical.... :x

Edited by jokiing