• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todd McFarlane CGC Private Signing December 2019
6 6

1,036 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, nikocb said:

How long do with think turn around will be with press and grade on these?

Cgc is trying to promise 6 weeks for press and grade with Todd's signature

3 weeks straight grade! :wishluck:

6 hours ago, jokiing said:

I have unbagged copies in both web colors (bought off rack new), so not sure if that's definitive....  

Checked my books and my bagged issues have dark purple web and my unbagged are both colors (mostly dark purple)

See if the following provides any clarification based on what you have:

https://heroesgalaxy.com/variants/spider-man-1/

So I was finally able to mail off my books and paid $61 for USPS Priority Mail Express, 1-2 days guaranteed by the 9th. I hoping everything goes smoothly and it gets there on time. I most definitely wouldn't have waited this long, especially since it's my first submission, but being a medically retired disabled veteran, with 6 childrens an old lady, and our only income being our VA compensation once a month I had to make sure the kids and old lady's Christmas was taken care of first. So hopefully they make it in time. Sent a cgc graded 9.4 ASM 298 and a Spawn 1 Newsstand. Thanks Mr. Mcfarlane and CGC for the opportunity. 

4 hours ago, ggovel said:

See if the following provides any clarification based on what you have:

https://heroesgalaxy.com/variants/spider-man-1/

Thanks... and I wish that was the case. All mine are direct sales and like I mentioned all were bought fresh off the rack in 1990. I have non-bagged copies with both web color variations. Possibly all bagged books had darker webs but non-bagged came either way (and I know none were pulled from bags.)

Edited by jokiing

4 hours ago, Cman429 said:

I sure hope they pick up packages on Monday. I sent a box next day mail yesterday and just got a notification from USPS that the package was “undeliverable” and now won’t redeliver until Monday. FML.

Probably because CGC is closed on the weekend? A nail biter, but at least it's in the neighborhood and should arrive by zero hour..... Good luck

On 12/6/2019 at 4:02 AM, ggovel said:

The webbing is colored differently on the bagged vs unbagged versions.

Ok....how so?

Here's my bagged UPCs:

001.thumb.jpg.16fbb097bdfec5b900fc31f320f31dba.jpg002.thumb.jpg.b2957b277eb64ed4add89e414ea7c716.jpg

Here's my bagged Direct:

003.thumb.jpg.8a1e20a1857235058ad9d13e2a4e6d75.jpg

(note purple webbing, and "uncolored" spots on and near Spidey's right kneecap)

Here's a "regular newsstand polybag edition":

s-l1600.jpg

And here's a regular "newsstand" edition:

s-l1600.jpg

I see no identifying difference between the "polybagged UPC edition" and the plain ol' regular newsstand edition.

Is there any...?

2 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Ok....how so?

Here's my bagged UPCs:

001.thumb.jpg.16fbb097bdfec5b900fc31f320f31dba.jpg002.thumb.jpg.b2957b277eb64ed4add89e414ea7c716.jpg

Here's my bagged Direct:

003.thumb.jpg.8a1e20a1857235058ad9d13e2a4e6d75.jpg

(note purple webbing, and "uncolored" spots on and near Spidey's right kneecap)

Here's a "regular newsstand polybag edition":

s-l1600.jpg

And here's a regular "newsstand" edition:

s-l1600.jpg

I see no identifying difference between the "polybagged UPC edition" and the plain ol' regular newsstand edition.

Is there any...?

Not really sure of the difference,  however both of the cgc 9.8 pictures you show say poly bag removed ,even though only one says polybag edition above their barcode... hm

3 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Not really sure of the difference,  however both of the cgc 9.8 pictures you show say poly bag removed ,even though only one says polybag edition above their barcode... hm

CGC label notes don't always get changed for different versions; case in point here. This wouldn't be the first time they've had "poly bag removed" for an edition which didn't come bagged.

6 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Soooo...if anyone knows of any identifiable differences between the polybag UPC and the regular UPC, let me know...before I take 'em out of the bag. ;)

I only have the direct versions and that’s where I observed the difference.  I don’t see any obvious differences between the UPC versions. Sorry

On 12/5/2019 at 1:20 PM, RockMyAmadeus said:

Soooooo...this may not be the best place to ask this, but do we know definitively how to tell the bagged UPC green from the unbagged regular UPC green...?

I have a couple of bagged UPCs...but I don't want to unbag them and have them relegated to standard UPC copies.

Someone may have already answered this, but send the opened bag along with your submission so they know it came out of the bag. And only other advice I have for bagged submission, pressing is a non-negotiable. The comic may appear to be pristine, but where the poly bag seals together at the back will impress a vertical line in the back cover and drive your grading down. I sent one years ago that came back an 8.5 purely because of the seal impression. Later got it press and it returned a 9.8. Only caution I can offer. If you sent it in without pressing, I would try calling in on Monday and request CS to add that service in. Otherwise, you will be sorely disappointed.

11 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Soooo...if anyone knows of any identifiable differences between the polybag UPC and the regular UPC, let me know...before I take 'em out of the bag. ;)

IMO there is no difference between bagged/unbagged/direct/newsstand except for the obvious price scan vs Spidy head and web color which appears in all versions....  If you can send bagged book or book and bag separated to CGC for grading that would be the only way to get the poly label..... although they didn't witness the book coming out of the bag so not sure if removing is an option with no other indicators.