• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todd McFarlane CGC Private Signing December 2019
6 6

1,036 posts in this topic

I just read an article, hopefully correct, that Todd and a few others from Image have the flu.  I hope they are ok and they get better but will this affect the signing.  I guess it already has affected one from what I read.  

Get better guys, we need you✌️

Edited by Shawngk
Confused by the article. 🤨

1 hour ago, Shawngk said:

IMAGE COMICS Partners' Signing Postponed as McFARLANE, KIRKMAN, SILVESTRI Caught the Flu

By Newsarama StaffNovember 21, 2019 10:21am ET

Credit: Image Comics 

Updated December 10, 2019: The planned Image Comics Partners' signing Tuesday at Vancouver, Washington's I Like Comics has been postponed indefinitely.

"Unfortunately, the Image Comics Partner Signing event has been canceled," the publisher said in a statement. "We have opted to reschedule the event for January [exact date to be announced shortly] and hope that fans will mark their calendars and plan ahead for what we anticipate will be a wonderful way to kick off the New Year. This cancellation was due to a few of the partners coming down with the flu and the decision was made to ensure that the signing event be the optimum, positive experience for fans eager to meet them."

ADVERTISEMENT

SCROLL TO CONTINUE WITH CONTENT

Newsarama has learned that three of the partners - Todd McFarlane, Robert Kirkman, and Marc Silvestri - are down with the flu.

Help Put an End To Moviegoers Leaving Marvel Films Early

The article was at Newsarama.com

I'm assuming mine made the cut, as FedEx shows reception and a signature for the package on 12/6.  Still not in my submissions grid tho.

Folks have any idea on how long it takes to show in the submissions grid after it arrives at CGC?

Thanks!

31 minutes ago, MichaelM said:

I'm assuming mine made the cut, as FedEx shows reception and a signature for the package on 12/6.  Still not in my submissions grid tho.

Folks have any idea on how long it takes to show in the submissions grid after it arrives at CGC?

Thanks!

To be fair, my box arrived on 12/6 and it was in the system yesterday.  Mine is only 2 invoices (1 for press, 1 reg) with 3 books on each. Not sure if size or where it was in the stack that matters. It is unlikely a FIFO system.

1 hour ago, mangbus said:

To be fair, my box arrived on 12/6 and it was in the system yesterday.  Mine is only 2 invoices (1 for press, 1 reg) with 3 books on each. Not sure if size or where it was in the stack that matters. It is unlikely a FIFO system.

I was just going by the "must be at the office by 12/9" statement on this.  It was received on 12/6 so per their rules I made the cut.  That would be my assumption.

8 minutes ago, MichaelM said:

I was just going by the "must be at the office by 12/9" statement on this.  It was received on 12/6 so per their rules I made the cut.  That would be my assumption.

Yeah. You are good. If it was Delivered by end of business 12/9, it would be good. It is the 'lost in the mail' / delayed packages that should be worried.

1 hour ago, Burdman0203 said:

So is the people whom shipped off and the mailing service has messed up, are we s.o.l. 

Or how does that work?

Unless CGC decides to add additional books that came in late...I would imagine everything post 12/9 will not get done. 

Package was received via USPS Priority on 12/4 but still no update on my Submissions page. Its my first time submitting books and I have the free membership. I would feel ALOT better if they were confirmed received and in the system. Sounds like the signing is this week, so fingers crossed. Good luck everyone.

1 hour ago, Faceball said:

Package was received via USPS Priority on 12/4 but still no update on my Submissions page. Its my first time submitting books and I have the free membership. I would feel ALOT better if they were confirmed received and in the system. Sounds like the signing is this week, so fingers crossed. Good luck everyone.

You might want to call them. I think free memberships you can only drop off at events and not submit by mail (?).