• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todd McFarlane CGC Private Signing December 2019
6 6

1,036 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:
1 hour ago, Faceball said:

Package was received via USPS Priority on 12/4 but still no update on my Submissions page. Its my first time submitting books and I have the free membership. I would feel ALOT better if they were confirmed received and in the system. Sounds like the signing is this week, so fingers crossed. Good luck everyone.

You might want to call them. I think free memberships you can only drop off at events and not submit by mail (?).

I believe they made an exception for this signing, since they provided the signature form to everyone....

1 minute ago, Xenosmilus said:

I would hope CGC would post this here if true as soon as they know....

It was in the advertisement via email, via their website via this thread we posted it when it started...

I don't understand....

3 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

I was referring to if Todd had the flu and if the signing was postponed.

:preach:well dang don't I look foolish lol where was my head at.... I've watched too many gifs tonight sorry ;)

I agree with you though!

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

5 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

:preach:well dang don't I look foolish lol where was my head at.... I've watched too many gifs tonight sorry ;)

I agree with you though!

I just worry if it is true it might get postponed for awhile given the holidays and any scheduling conflicts he may already have in January....:tonofbricks:

Or worse, we get encapsulated TM snot on our books :roflmao:

Edited by Xenosmilus

On 12/10/2019 at 1:00 PM, MichaelM said:

I'm assuming mine made the cut, as FedEx shows reception and a signature for the package on 12/6.  Still not in my submissions grid tho.

Folks have any idea on how long it takes to show in the submissions grid after it arrives at CGC?

Thanks!

My box arrived 12/9 and was in my submissions file online by 12/11.

On 12/8/2019 at 11:24 AM, Foley said:

This direct green has the "poly-bag removed" notation. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SPIDER-MAN-1-MCFARLANE-CGC-9-8-NM-M-Green-Edition/401717158594?hash=item5d883562c2:g:VdEAAOSwjedcdbdZ

And this direct (purple web) has no notation.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Spider-Man-1-1990-CGC-Graded-9-8-Todd-McFarlane-Story-Cover-Art/312755189266?hash=item48d1a97612:g:jd4AAOSwP3JdZYU1

Shouldn't it be the other way around? Is this just bad labelling from CGC? Just trying to learn the differences.

I'm curious myself... Preferably, I don't want the 'poly-bag removed' comment, especially when someone at CGC replied saying to remove it and keep it with me, when submitting.

Edited by HerculoidZok

1 minute ago, PunisherPunisherPunisher said:

Todd said signings will happen in January due to being sick, also said signings are up 300% on the last time, so he will be signing books for 5 days straight, good luck getting your book signed last lol

Then what in the world is currently taking modern submissions so long then lol

3 hours ago, PunisherPunisherPunisher said:

Todd said signings will happen in January due to being sick, also said signings are up 300% on the last time, so he will be signing books for 5 days straight, good luck getting your book signed last lol

Is this confirmed or hearsay? I agree, though I hope mine are not the last signature if true!  On the positive side, if you are getting your books pressed maybe it wont take as long to get them back once he signs them (?)....

Edited by Xenosmilus

12 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

Is this confirmed or hearsay? I agree, though I hope mine are not the last signature if true!  On the positive side, if you are getting your books pressed maybe it wont take as long to get them back once he signs them (?)....

I seen Todd's video on Twitter talking about being sick and doing the cgc signing week in January 

4 minutes ago, jokiing said:

Link to video....

https://t.co/dYi1NY2AKX

Cool that he did do a video, but then I hope my modern sub moves, cgc keeps giving me the reason of "the mcfarlane books"

More I guess unboxing and getting them situated I guess.... thanks for the video!