• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todd McFarlane CGC Private Signing December 2019
6 6

1,036 posts in this topic

On 1/2/2020 at 6:45 AM, catch21 said:

According to Todd,  it will be the first week of January. I assume next week.

I hope this is true. I just saw on his twitter feed that he has another signing next Saturday also, that is if he can still use his hand after all the signings at CGC :roflmao:.

How do you know once they were signed?   I was already billed for CGC and CCS so does that imply that they moved on from CGC after being signed to CCS?

2 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

How do you know once they were signed?   I was already billed for CGC and CCS so does that imply that they moved on from CGC after being signed to CCS?

Since I was billed in December before the 9th When the signing was supposed to take place and Todd said on Facebook that he’d sign first week in January. I can tell u they were not signed or CCS yet. They only took our money so far. 

but they should update our submission status after it leaves the signing and goes into queue for CCS or Grading since that’s when the submission actually starts.  

Edited by hachimaull

2 hours ago, hachimaull said:

Since I was billed in December before the 9th When the signing was supposed to take place and Todd said on Facebook that he’d sign first week in January. I can tell u they were not signed or CCS yet. They only took our money so far. 

but they should update our submission status after it leaves the signing and goes into queue for CCS or Grading since that’s when the submission actually starts.  

Thanks, I never pay much attention to things.  I just like the surprises on the doorstep.  This one though was different.  McFarlane was a art god to me as a kid. 

7 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Thanks, I never pay much attention to things.  I just like the surprises on the doorstep.  This one though was different.  McFarlane was a art god to me as a kid. 

I hear you there, I was really into the spawn toys and had them all when I was a kid so that’s how I got into McFarlane stuff and because of that I sent in my Spawn 1 for him to sign among other books. I’m currently working on getting almost all of his early books from coyote, asm, hulk , Batman and whatever else. 

On 1/7/2020 at 1:36 PM, fishbone said:

I just think it would be nice for CGC to shoot us all an email to update us as to what's happening ... guess that is just a pipe dream though

Ask and ye shall receive, I guess.  There is an update in today's newsletter:

Todd McFarlane Signing Update
aa5960b2-f2c7-412b-b634-edd983faec9c.jpg

As we shared last month, Todd was unable to make it to his original signing date due to illness.  We have rescheduled and Todd is all set to sign your submissions in the next couple of weeks. 

Once the books are signed, they will begin the grading/pressing process.  CGC will keep the original turnaround time of 3 weeks for grading and 6 weeks for pressing.  These turnaround times start once the books are signed.  We really appreciate your understanding and patience.

20 hours ago, YouFoundDonon said:

Yikes, nothing like a potential 5-6 month turn around. 

I pointed out on CGC's Instagram post that turnaround times could potentially hit 4 months due to this update. They didn't seem to appreciate that.. Attempting to correct me by restating that 'Turn around times are 3-6 weeks'

Edited by nikocb

2 minutes ago, ThothAmon said:

Hmmm.  Seems a little squishier than their previous announcement.

Ya "next couple of weeks" lol

Makes me wonder what was wrong with the past 2 weeks ha!

But I'm looking forward to see what you get back thothamon!

Did cgc quibble about the ASM 361's you sent in? Hope not :)

3 hours ago, nikocb said:

I pointed out on CGC's Instagram post that turnaround times could potentially hit 4 months due to this update. They didn't seem to appreciate that.. Attempting to correct me by restating that 'Turn around times are 3-6 weeks'

I sent my books Nov 20th and I’m now expecting them March 20th, well at least we get 2020 signature and grade dates I do like that more than 2019! I’m just super anxious to see the grades I get on my books.... another thing I’m wondering about is our custom labels. I paid for them in December so I hope they still give me the nycc Spider-Man And it’s not like first used instead of first paid but if they do release spawn labels or A label like the signed by Stan lee But for Todd Mcfarlane I won’t be happy about that either cuz we’d then have to reholder our books at $20 a pop. Urgh

Edited by hachimaull

11 minutes ago, hachimaull said:

I sent my books Nov 20th and I’m now expecting them March 20th, well at least we get 2020 signature and grade dates I do like that more than 2019! I’m just super anxious to see the grades I get on my books.... another thing I’m wondering about is our custom labels. I paid for them in December so I hope they still give me the nycc Spider-Man And it’s not like first used instead of first paid but if they do release spawn labels or A label like the signed by Stan lee But for Todd Mcfarlane I won’t be happy about that either cuz we’d then have to reholder our books at $20 a pop. Urgh

I might call them about that :foryou: because that is a GOOD question!