• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todd McFarlane CGC Private Signing December 2019
6 6

1,036 posts in this topic

Based on video information and some comments. Looks like my comic books may be in the last batch of boxes. My comic books barely arrived CGC. It arrived on time, Dec 9th! I was happy that it got through but sad that CGC charge me after they announced Todd’s private signing delay. I don’t have issue with Todd! He’s a human and sick is unavoidable. However, CGC could wait until Todd getting better and charge us for the fees. 

Other than that, I am soaked to see he’s signing!!! I have 25 raw comics and 7 CGCs submitted. :whee:

Edited by Aslpride8

I’m freaking out here guys. I declared a value of $805 and I looked this evening to see if my status changed and now my declared value is $4,000! This has to be an error the max these are worth is $1,500. Also my books were received on 12/2 so there’s no way he could get to mine already. 

any help here ??

What’s this mean. 

8106DCFA-5F69-45D2-BDB1-1290117CE289.jpeg

27 minutes ago, hachimaull said:

I’m freaking out here guys. I declared a value of $805 and I looked this evening to see if my status changed and now my declared value is $4,000! This has to be an error the max these are worth is $1,500. Also my books were received on 12/2 so there’s no way he could get to mine already. 

any help here ??

What’s this mean. 

Doesn't CGC reserve the right to adjust the Declared Value if they feel that it has been declared too low, particularly after the grades come in? This is both so that they can be compensated with extra fees in the appropriate tiers, and so that the insured value of the books when shipped are more in line with GPA values in the event the package goes missing or damaged. In this instance, the fees for this signing are flat fees, so the adjustment would be made for the insurance reasons only. CGC is probably being conservatively high just to be safe (and excite their customers). Not knowing what books you actually submitted.

1 hour ago, hachimaull said:

any help here ??

What’s this mean. 

I think you should be happy! The signing cost is a flat fee I believe in this case so they shouldn't charge you more!

22 minutes ago, Legion HQ said:

Doesn't CGC reserve the right to adjust the Declared Value if they feel that it has been declared too low, particularly after the grades come in? This is both so that they can be compensated with extra fees in the appropriate tiers, and so that the insured value of the books when shipped are more in line with GPA values in the event the package goes missing or damaged. In this instance, the fees for this signing are flat fees, so the adjustment would be made for the insurance reasons only. CGC is probably being conservatively high just to be safe (and excite their customers). Not knowing what books you actually submitted.

I could see that, it’s always good to protect oneself but I would assume the valuation stage would happen after grading so that means he already signed my books, if that’s the case wouldn’t my status change from received to CCS since I submitted for pressing or is this their way of saying ur books have been signed and off to CCS?

I'm just confused here tbh I didn’t expect him to sign my stuff today because of when my books were received so I guess I’m really just afraid they switched my submission with someone else....

Edited by hachimaull

41 minutes ago, Legion HQ said:

Interesting.

Edited by RockMyAmadeus

2 hours ago, Legion HQ said:

I believe the insurance is for holding the books at their facility ... not for shipping purposes. "The declared value is used to insure a collectible while it is at CGC’s facility. In addition, in the extremely rare event that a collectible is lost or damaged while at CGC’s facility, the submitter will be compensated based on the collectible’s current Fair Market Value" "CGC does not provide insurance for comic books shipped from its facility to you. The carrier you choose may provide limited coverage. Due to the fragile nature of comic books, CGC urges you to investigate and secure proper means of insuring your comic books against damage in transit."

If he is signing books in the order they were received by CGC, would it make sense to start a thread dedicated to status changes from "received" to "scheduled for grading"  so that folks have an idea of the progress of batch? So, people could post:

Date Received by CGC: XX/XX/19

Date Status Changed to Scheduled for Grading: XX/XX/20

6 hours ago, MagicMan_2017 said:

I believe the insurance is for holding the books at their facility ... not for shipping purposes. "The declared value is used to insure a collectible while it is at CGC’s facility. In addition, in the extremely rare event that a collectible is lost or damaged while at CGC’s facility, the submitter will be compensated based on the collectible’s current Fair Market Value" "CGC does not provide insurance for comic books shipped from its facility to you. The carrier you choose may provide limited coverage. Due to the fragile nature of comic books, CGC urges you to investigate and secure proper means of insuring your comic books against damage in transit."

Ah yes, that's it. Thanks for finding that. That makes more sense.

Edited by Legion HQ

9 hours ago, hachimaull said:

I could see that, it’s always good to protect oneself but I would assume the valuation stage would happen after grading so that means he already signed my books, if that’s the case wouldn’t my status change from received to CCS since I submitted for pressing or is this their way of saying ur books have been signed and off to CCS?

I'm just confused here tbh I didn’t expect him to sign my stuff today because of when my books were received so I guess I’m really just afraid they switched my submission with someone else....

Hmm, unlikely. But probably worth calling them to ask. I'd be curious to hear what they say.

Looked like every pile on that table had a Spawn 1 waiting to be signed.  xD

Todd's pretty funny about it.

EDIT: Actually referring to different Instagram video from last night, not Pzy's link above:  https://www.instagram.com/stories/highlights/18094865014126616/

Edited by Legion HQ

So if u see my post above u will see I was worried when I saw my declared value change, so I called CGC and everything is fine. They said my books are off too CCS And they probably changed the value to alert me the books have been signed.

so if u see ur value skyrocket ur books are probably off to CCS or have been signed.  

2 minutes ago, hachimaull said:

So if u see my post above u will see I was worried when I saw my declared value change, so I called CGC and everything is fine. They said my books are off too CCS And they probably changed the value to alert me the books have been signed.

so if u see ur value skyrocket ur books are probably off to CCS or have been signed.  

Good to know!