• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todd McFarlane CGC Private Signing December 2019
6 6

1,036 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, boatfund said:

Received CGC 11/26/19

Graded/Quality Control 1/15/20

Finalized/Shipped 1/16/20

I had a small group received at CGC on 11/21 and they shipped 1/16 as well. Six days worth of comics signed and shipped in one day??? Maybe?

1 hour ago, jokiing said:

I had a small group received at CGC on 11/21 and they shipped 1/16 as well. Six days worth of comics signed and shipped in one day??? Maybe?

I’m thinking most of the 13,000 books arrived and put into the system near the deadline. My books arrived on 12/2 and are in line to be pressed. So if they getting a month after announcement in 2 days of signing most of these have to be after. Plus we did have thanksgiving to screw up dates. 

I find this whole thing fascinating. Todd has been available through various private signings since at least 2010 or 2011. If you wanted them, you could get them. Pure speculation is that there would maybe be a couple hundred or so done every time.  CGC announces that they are running the process themselves, and they get 13,000 submissions.

This is maybe a wake-up for CGC to realize the demand for Sig Series, and that maybe they should take control of the program themselves.  I wonder who has been saying that for over a decade . . .

5 minutes ago, seanfingh said:

I find this whole thing fascinating. Todd has been available through various private signings since at least 2010 or 2011. If you wanted them, you could get them. Pure speculation is that there would maybe be a couple hundred or so done every time.  CGC announces that they are running the process themselves, and they get 13,000 submissions.

This is maybe a wake-up for CGC to realize the demand for Sig Series, and that maybe they should take control of the program themselves.  I wonder who has been saying that for over a decade . . .

Yeah private signings like this would be great for GCG and artists alike. I’d love to see maybe 4 private CGC signings a year. Like get Clayton Crain in to sign or something. That would be amazing and make my life at conventions sooooo much easier because I could focus on buying my stuff and having fun so I can just wait for the next submission. 

6 minutes ago, seanfingh said:

Certainly seems to be a huge cash (and PR) boon for CGC (and the artist). I can see them creating special 'In-House Signing' labels every time they have one of these events, which would actually reinforce even further how legit the sigs are if labeled as signed from that date(s).

21 minutes ago, Legion HQ said:

Certainly seems to be a huge cash (and PR) boon for CGC (and the artist). I can see them creating special 'In-House Signing' labels every time they have one of these events, which would actually reinforce even further how legit the sigs are if labeled as signed from that date(s).

i would of loved for them to do that on this signing. A toddfather label would be amazing or at least acknowledgment of “cgc privite signing” 

Hmmmm...

I submitted for a signing plus press;

1) ASM 300 CGC 9.6 I valued at $650

2) ASM 316 CGC 9.6 I valued at $115

3) ASM 301 CGC 9.4 I valued at $75

Total value of $840

My Submission status recently changed value to $1950.  Great news but they are still Listed as Received so I don't get it.  I'm trying to figure out which one got the upgrade! I don't think the math adds up for any that may have been upgraded to a 9.8 ss. If the 300 or 301 got upgraded to 9.8's I think it would be higher than $1950. If the 316 got upgraded I think it would be less than $1950. Any thoughts?

Edited by Xenosmilus

On 11/9/2019 at 4:06 AM, PunisherPunisherPunisher said:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=c846ed7a40be7761I want to send these in but it could well be risky, last thing I want is a down grade 

image.jpeg

image.jpegOnly 1 copy of 299

Todd said after this signing that there will be only 4 Spawn #1's that have not been signed so it may be worth more in the long run :roflmao:

15 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

Hmmmm...

Total value of $840

My Submission status recently changed value to $1950.  Great news but they are still Listed as Received so I don't get it.  I'm trying to figure out which one got the upgrade! I don't think the math adds up for any that may have been upgraded to a 9.8 ss. If the 300 or 301 got upgraded to 9.8's I think it would be higher than $1950. If the 316 got upgraded I think it would be less than $1950. Any thoughts?

I'm guessing the 301 is now a 9.8. The ultra high price 301s have all had Stan Lee on them (around 2k) and they wouldn't have even messed with the 316.  I'm predicting 9.8 301 and 9.6 300 and 316.

26 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

Hmmmm...

Total value of $840

hey bud, if u look at the posts above and on the last page U will see I have the same thing going on. I declared $805 and they r now $4,000 which is not even close lol  but I called cgc today about it and they said my books are now moved to CCS but my status is still “received” as well. I think they did this to:

1.) notify us our books have been signed

2.) protect us if they loose them from where they r now and shipped cuz if they lose our books we get the new declared value in compensation according to their policy shown on the last page and since we did pay $120 per book for signing our value did technically increase. They can’t reimburse me $805 now when the $930 has been spent. But $1,735 is way different than $4,000 so I still don’t know what’s up with my number. 

why? Because how can Ur value change when the book is not graded and raw. U couldn’t get a bump if ur book wasn’t even graded it is my understanding valuation happens after grading not after being signed.

I hope that helps.  

Edited by hachimaull

1 minute ago, hachimaull said:

hey bud, if u look at the posts above and on the last page U will see I have the same thing going on. I declared $805 and they r now $4,000 which is not even close lol  but I called cgc today about it and they said my books are now moved to CCS but my status is still “received” as well. I think they did this to:

1.) notify us our books have been signed

2.) protect us if they loose them from where they r now and shipped cuz if they lose our books we get the new declared value in compensation according to their policy shown on the last page. 

why? Because how can Ur value change when the book is not graded and raw. U couldn’t get a bump if ur book wasn’t even graded it is my understanding valuation happens after grading not after being signed. 

Even though your grammar makes me want to jump off a bridge, this is a very good point.

9 minutes ago, seanfingh said:

I'm guessing the 301 is now a 9.8. The ultra high price 301s have all had Stan Lee on them (around 2k) and they wouldn't have even messed with the 316.  I'm predicting 9.8 301 and 9.6 300 and 316.

Hope you are right. Last time I checked there were only 20 ASM 301 9.8 SS!

Just now, Xenosmilus said:

Hope you are right. Last time I checked there were only 20 ASM 301 9.8 SS!

IN light of what Hachimaull pointed out about the books not being through CCS yet, my conclusion was likely premature.  It's more likely they are building a buffer in as he suggested.

I'm beginning to get a bit nervous that Todd keeps mentioning only being there for 4 days. I have a bad feeling that I'm going to be receiving an email next week from CGC saying 'Due to the high demand for Todd, he was not able to get to all of the books sent in during this visit. He will re-schedule to come back at a later date to be announced to complete the remaining signatures.' 

I will then proceed to hurl myself through the nearest window.

Edited by Legion HQ

8 minutes ago, Legion HQ said:

I'm beginning to get a bit nervous that Todd keeps mentioning only being there for 4 days. I have a bad feeling that I'm going to be receiving an email next week from CGC saying 'Due to the high demand for Todd, he was not able to get to all of the books sent in during this visit. He will re-schedule to come back at a later date to be announced to complete the remaining signatures.' 

I will then proceed to hurl myself through the nearest window.

I mean it is possible, but he did sign until like midnight last night according to the Facebook stories. Kind of sad they didn’t have anything to show us today.

When were ur books received?

I got the impression from his video he said 3-4 days from yesterday so until Saturday. we will see tho, keep us posted!

Just now, hachimaull said:

I mean it is possible, but he did sign until like midnight last night according to the Facebook stories. Kind of sad they didn’t have anything to show us today.

I got the impression from his video he said 3-4 days from yesterday so until Saturday. we will see tho, keep us posted!

@Legion HQDid anyone read the fine print?  Meaning did CGC guarantee a signing if received by Dec, 9?

6 minutes ago, hachimaull said:

Received 12/6, so at the tail end unfortunately.