• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todd McFarlane CGC Private Signing December 2019
6 6

1,036 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Tough book in 9.8.

Who knew!  It got cut off from my other books submission because it’s a magazine and the grade came in last. When I checked cgcdata I smiled. Interesting to see how many more come out of this signing? Is this thread about to become the big reveal thread?

I haven't been tracking mine, I just let the forces of nature do what they do, but catching up on this thread made me antsy, so I caved and looked.... just shipped today! Mine was already graded, but the grade stayed the same, so no worries there, Now just have to wait and see how the sig looks :wishluck:

2 hours ago, ThothAmon said:

Who knew!  It got cut off from my other books submission because it’s a magazine and the grade came in last. When I checked cgcdata I smiled. Interesting to see how many more come out of this signing? Is this thread about to become the big reveal thread?

That was actually toward the top of my list to send in, but decided against it since mine would not have been 9.8 (probably 9.4 or thereabouts). Plus, with the glossy cover, was unsure how well the sig would work. PLUS, I wanted to keep it open for reading in the future.

I believe it was early on in this thread that there was a discussion about Spider-Man 1 regular cover and any differences between polybag and open air copies. I, for one, couldn't find any variants except web color, which I had in both. Interesting that this no-polybag copy came back with label reading "Polybag removed".... wonder what CGC is basing that on?

IMG_2225.JPG

Edited by jokiing

9 minutes ago, hachimaull said:

Looking like all these 1/15 dates getting just a T, fml. But it is funny watching eBay listingns pop up for $500 lol 

For what particular issues? It looks like there is going to be a surge for Todd CGC SS in the upcoming days-only those highly sought after comics will get top dollar. 

38 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

I think I read 13,000 books. If he got say $45 a book (half the charge) that’s almost 600k for a few days of work, not to bad a haul. Todd is the real ^^ here xD.

I was thinking around $40 sounded like a reasonable cut. 13,000 books is crazy. What is even crazier is that CGC has the staff to grade all of those so quickly. I have no idea how long it takes to grade but I would assume a minimum of 10 minutes. They must have prioritized these books over other submissions. 

2 minutes ago, mrbinkelstein said:

For what particular issues? It looks like there is going to be a surge for Todd CGC SS in the upcoming days-only those highly sought after comics will get top dollar. 

All I see a Spiderman annual 1 expo up for $500, asm 315 and 317 for $400 starting auctions. If these people think they can get $500 for a $40 book with signature they crazy.