• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todd McFarlane CGC Private Signing December 2019
6 6

1,036 posts in this topic

34 minutes ago, Shawngk said:

This signing made getting a sig. and a grading much easier for me.  Does anyone know if Cgc will do something like this again.  I think everything has in very interesting and awesome.  30 plus years of collecting and this is my first Cgc comic.  I’m very ramped.  😊

I would say, if you want to encourage CGC to do this again or anything else, contact them directly and give them actual feedback on what you liked about this signing, and possible points where they could improve.

Posting here is good too.  My guess is something like this will happen again, CGC and Todd both made a TON of money.

On 1/16/2020 at 5:24 PM, Xenosmilus said:

Hmmmm...

I submitted for a signing plus press;

1) ASM 300 CGC 9.6 I valued at $650

2) ASM 316 CGC 9.6 I valued at $115

3) ASM 301 CGC 9.4 I valued at $75

Total value of $840

My Submission status recently changed value to $1950.  Great news but they are still Listed as Received so I don't get it.  I'm trying to figure out which one got the upgrade! I don't think the math adds up for any that may have been upgraded to a 9.8 ss. If the 300 or 301 got upgraded to 9.8's I think it would be higher than $1950. If the 316 got upgraded I think it would be less than $1950. Any thoughts?

I haven't read beyond the page where your post is, so someone may have already said this, but if I were a betting man, I'd bet that whoever entered your submission in the CGC system just took the $650 that you valued your ASM 300 at, and put that down as the value for all 3, 3 x $650 = $1950...

My books still haven't moved out of 12/6 received status. I got the CCS email notification on Monday night, so they're still in line to get pressed. Assume at this point that I won't see any possible changes in status until next week at the earliest. Bummer. I'll continue practicing my patience face.

2 minutes ago, Legion HQ said:

My books still haven't moved out of 12/6 received status. I got the CCS email notification on Monday night, so they're still in line to get pressed. Assume at this point that I won't see any possible changes in status until next week at the earliest. Bummer. I'll continue practicing my patience face.

Itll get done soon I'm sure :) crossing my fingers till then :wishluck:

its probably hard to read all the testimonials and wonder when?

source.gif

3 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Itll get done soon I'm sure :) crossing my fingers till then :wishluck:

its probably hard to read all the testimonials and wonder when?

source.gif

It is a bit frustrating reading and seeing all the books coming back, and my status hasn't changed at all since Dec 6th. But patience is a virtue....or some bullpucky.

I am waiting gif.gif

2 minutes ago, Legion HQ said:

It is a bit frustrating reading and seeing all the books coming back, and my status hasn't changed at all since Dec 6th. But patience is a virtue....or some bullpucky.

I feel you! I sat this one out, but I'm already budgeting in case they do it again the end of this year ...

I so dislike pressing, I see its benefits and know to do it, but I already submit long tat tiers like the value tier.... I'm patient, well sometimes lol

I’ve been sitting at grading and quality control since 10am, and after calling cgc earlier about them charging me more money (u can see on previous page why) they said my books r in the shipping stage but haven’t “shipped” so until that happens I can’t see my grades and I’m super anxious to see them. Looks like they won’t ship until Monday :/

so 12/2 received changed to 1/21 received after pressing will ship Monday it looks like. 

I had a dream last night that all my books came back 9.8'sxD.  Seemed legit (thumbsu. What has been the turnaround time after a press and are "Received" CCS? Mine were "Received" from CCS yesterday. I'm hoping early to mid next week to find out if my dream was correct!

Edited by Xenosmilus

3 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

I had a dream last night that all my books came back 9.8'sxD.  Seems legit (thumbsu. What has been the turnaround time after a press and are "Received" CCS? Mine were "Received" from CCS yesterday. I'm hoping early to mid next week to find out if my dream was correct!

Look above ur comment at my post lol 

I hope I get at least one 9.8 but I’m unlucky 

6 hours ago, jokiing said:

Some have predicted that a number of comics from this signing will come to market at bargain prices.... your wait may not be long.

I read in another forum that the amount of Spawn #1's subbed were insane. This is what prompted Todd to make that video about not having it signed. 

1 minute ago, mrbinkelstein said:

I read in another forum that the amount of Spawn #1's subbed were insane. This is what prompted Todd to make that video about not having it signed. 

There was 2150 SS spawn b4 so let’s see next month how many were added 

ED7395AA-4DCA-40FF-8596-DD2F918967D8.png

2x Received 12/6/19, shipped 1/21/20
5x Received 12/6/19, shipped 1/24/20

Edit: No pressing. Only sent in 2 Spawn #1s and both were slabbed 9.8, returning 9.8

No loss in any grades at all thankfully, now to see if the ink requests made it through hm

Definitely agree that CGC needs to capitalize on send-ins with more artists/creators

Edited by zhenyuho
clarification

11 minutes ago, zhenyuho said:

2x Received 12/6/19, shipped 1/21/20
5x Received 12/6/19, shipped 1/24/20

No loss in any grades at all thankfully, now to see if the ink requests made it through hm

Definitely agree that CGC needs to capitalize on send-ins with more artists/creators

was yours pressed?