• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todd McFarlane CGC Private Signing December 2019
6 6

1,036 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, MagicMan_2017 said:

3 reasons why you should send in both back to CGC:

1) The key here is to get CGC to re-label and re-holder at no charge to you. The only way to do this is to email/call them and send in pictures showing the comparative error. Once they see the pics, they will send you a pre-paid return shipping label for you to send in. They will relabel/reholder and ship back at no charge.

2) If you decide to only disclose the 9.4 and keep the 9.8, then you have no good reason to return the 9.4 ... other than you disagree with their grading. This argument will never be supported by CGC for a free re-grade. If want to tack on another sig later, or want to re-grade/re-press ... that would be on your own dime.

3) As a collector, I would not feel good to know I have a sub-par book encased with the wrong grading. Doesn't make sense to me. If you plan to re-sell it to others as a 9.8, that's just plain fraud.

I totally agree. If I were to buy a CGC 9.8 book online, and received something that doesn’t appear to be a 9.8, I’d be quiet upset. We’re all one big community here, so honesty is the best policy.

Thanks.

I do feel like a lot of 9.8s r really 9.6 or lower. Some books I submitted got 9.6 and I think they look better than some 9.8 I own. 

but I’m sitting here anxious as all hell waiting for Monday so these slabs will ship and I can see my grades!! Urgh

13 hours ago, hachimaull said:

I do feel like a lot of 9.8s r really 9.6 or lower. Some books I submitted got 9.6 and I think they look better than some 9.8 I own. 

but I’m sitting here anxious as all hell waiting for Monday so these slabs will ship and I can see my grades!! Urgh

What's stopping you from seeing the grades now? 

6 minutes ago, mrbinkelstein said:

What's stopping you from seeing the grades now? 

I’m still in grading/quality control and grades are not uploaded until they r marked shipped. I can’t even go around iy by searching my verification code since they r not in the system yet. 

My three submissions received 12/6 for which pressing was not requested are now scheduled for grading.

The three sent for pressing are still "received". Edit: with no update in declared value.

Edited by 315008

7 minutes ago, 315008 said:

My three submissions received 12/6 for which pressing was not requested are now scheduled for grading.

The three sent for pressing are still "received".

I called them because I was tired of checking my status every 15 minutes (literally).  They told me that my 3 books are at pressing but couldn't tell me when they got there.  But now all of a sudden I look at my declared value, which I had as 2600....and it now says 4800.  Um...I couldn't have been THAT far off for the 3 books I sent, so now I'm even more curious as to what's what!  They still show "received", date hasn't changed but the value changed.

Guess I'll be back to checking every 15 minutes again.

25 minutes ago, Wadezky said:

Do you think he did just "T" because of the size of the window bag?  Still sharp looking either way, just curious.

My window bag sizes were big. I think he just got tired. My guess my batch of books were at the end of the day.

My Mcfarlane books arrived today and what should have been a joyous occasion has severely depressed me to say the least. I sent in two books, Spawn 1 and ASM 300. The Spawn is my personal copy that I’ve read dozens of times and has been in my long box for years. That came back 9.6. My ASM was a slabbed and graded CGC copy I bought off eBay. I bought a 9.2, it came back to me...7.5 :censored:

I am so sick and mad right now. I wanted a nice copy for my personal collection now I can’t even throw it back on eBay and get it out of my sight without a catastrophic loss. Oh well, congrats to everyone else on their successes.

11 minutes ago, Cman429 said:

My Mcfarlane books arrived today and what should have been a joyous occasion has severely depressed me to say the least. I sent in two books, Spawn 1 and ASM 300. The Spawn is my personal copy that I’ve read dozens of times and has been in my long box for years. That came back 9.6. My ASM was a slabbed and graded CGC copy I bought off eBay. I bought a 9.2, it came back to me...7.5 :censored:

I am so sick and mad right now. I wanted a nice copy for my personal collection now I can’t even throw it back on eBay and get it out of my sight without a catastrophic loss. Oh well, congrats to everyone else on their successes.

On the 300, what looks like the damage?

9 minutes ago, Cman429 said:

The ASM300 sounds like a win. Is there any indication what the basis for the Spawn 1 is? Either way, as a bunch of folks have mentioned, there will be a TON of Spawn 1s on ebay soon, if not already so they should be relative bargains.

16 minutes ago, catch21 said:

On the 300, what looks like the damage?

Grader notes say:

bend left bottom of back cover
finger bends left center of back cover
moderate spine stress lines breaks color
multiple staple rusted spine

if these were on the 9.2 before it was graded, I’m shocked this many errors got a 9.2. If they occurred during the cracking, well, I guess we’ll never know. Either way I lost $175 in value just by submitting this to Todd.