• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todd McFarlane CGC Private Signing December 2019
6 6

1,036 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

My eventual McFarlane 9.8 SS goal:

Coyote #11-14

All-Star Squadron #47

Infinity Inc. #14-#37, Annual #1

Detective #576-578

Hulk #330-346

Invasion! #1-2

ASM #298-325, 328

Marvel Tales #223-239

Hulk #6

Marvel Year In Review 1989

Quasar #14

Conan #241

Spiderman #1-14, 16

Wizard Magazine #1, #1 SDCC

Spawn #1-16, 21-24, 50, 100, 150, 185, 200

Cyberforce #8

That's not too ambitious, is it...? Anything I missed from his first 10 years?

I've been waiting for this for many, many years. Refused to deal with the "middle men."

Wish I'd done this 10 years ago, but what can you do?

Amazing goal! Will be wicked to have all of those in a collection.  I know this one is obscure and borderline within the first 10 years as it falls in 1994 but Super- Homem #116 is one I wanted to send in for this but missed. Would be VERY hard to find one in 9.8 though..2690664-116.jpg.d21c425aecf92f6d767c5b77e1076ab7.jpg

17 minutes ago, Legion HQ said:

The date on my 12/6 Received books updated to 1/27 yesterday, and this morning status updated from 'Received' to 'Scheduled for Grading'. (My Declared Value never changed, so I guess my estimates were good enough.)

Interestingly one set of mine went from Received to Scheduled for Grading (and now Grading / QA) without updating the Received date.

4 minutes ago, djbloom said:

Mine has been sitting at "Grading/Quality Control" since like 1/17...Still updating every 30 min or so in hopes it will move to shipping and show my grades :(

That seems like a long time for Grading / Quality Control. Not a good sign for those of us still Scheduled for Grading. Bleh. Guess I still have a couple weeks at least to wait. Dang.

Just for fun, I'll post my two books and grade guesses.  Hopefully, that doesn't bite me in the butt.  lol 

ASM 300 cracked out CGC 9.4 that looked very pressable.  Was slabbed originally in 2006.  I'm going to say "9.6" with an outside shot at 9.8.   I hedge because it does kind of have the typical rough cut on the open edge that is common with 300s.  

Hulk 340 raw.  I'm going out on a limb here and saying this hits 9.8.  

I wasn't overly creative with my subs, as you can see.  

9 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

My boxes are on their way...that's the most nerve-wracking, watching them slowly cross the country....

:eek:

Unfortunately, at this point, the postman is completely fed up with all these thousands of McFarlane packages shipping out...

package gif (1).gif

Edited by Legion HQ

2 minutes ago, Legion HQ said:

Unfortunately, at this point, the postman is completely fed up with all these thousands of McFarlane packages shipping out...

package gif (1).gif

at this point they're seeing a lot of Italian Leg Lamps Marked "Fragile" :headbang: 

I still don't have the confidence to submit my ASM #300 in 9.8 next time :eek: 

But I'm budgeting in case it happens again later this year :) Missing out on all the stress ball squeezing! :pullhair: 

17 minutes ago, Legion HQ said:

package gif (1).gif

Reminded me of what the b behind the counter at USPS did to packages that I dropped off yesterday.

Grades are in!  Books were pressed.

ASM300 submitted CGC 9.6 came back  9.6

ASM301 submitted CGC 9.4 came back 9.6. I was really hoping for a miracle on this one but no luck.

ASM316 submitted CGC 9.6 come back 9.8!

All in all I’m happy! Now I just hope I get the full Todd signature! 

Edited by Xenosmilus

7 minutes ago, Pakinhwan said:

my submissions shipped today!

ASM300 Sent 9.4 + came back 9.6!!!!

Spawn 1 = one 9.8 and one 9.6

Spawn 300 coverA = 9.8

Spawn 300 cover J = 9.6

why do some of the 9.6s not have grader notes? is it cause I have a free account?

Grader notes only on 9.2 and below. 

also Nice posts everyone!

17 minutes ago, Pakinhwan said:

my submissions shipped today!

ASM300 Sent 9.4 + came back 9.6!!!!

Spawn 1 = one 9.8 and one 9.6

Spawn 300 coverA = 9.8

Spawn 300 cover J = 9.6

why do some of the 9.6s not have grader notes? is it cause I have a free account?

Congrats... not too shabby at'tall!

9 minutes ago, hachimaull said:

Grader notes only on 9.2 and below. 

also Nice posts everyone!

I didn't know that lol good to know! :headbang: