• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todd McFarlane CGC Private Signing December 2019
6 6

1,036 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, 315008 said:

Update: just got a charge from CCS. Still no updated info in my account.

2 minutes ago, Wadezky said:

I was just coming on here to say that exact same thing!

Sigh of relief I guess? The boards have ears lol

30 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Screen Shot 2020-01-28 at 6.43.09 PM.png

Interestingly, your 9.4 showed with grader notes. My ASM 300 9.4 didn't show a grader note. I guess maybe they will add note only if it's hard to notice the defect in a regular view. It might be spotted by light reflection. 

2 minutes ago, Ron C. said:

Two of these three are a 9.8... the other a 9.4. I will be curious to see if the Newsstand copy makes the cut!

Marvel Tales 236.jpg

I hope that you get silver color too, that'll look great! :)

On 11/8/2019 at 6:45 PM, Fazzyfaz said:

I asked and they said it is 5$ additional to “crack out” the book. My question is if i send in my ASM 298,299,300 9.8’s will they guarantee they will be SS 9.8’s?. The 89$ is for signing and GRADING. Do they “regrade” my book or is it a given that it’s already a 9.8 by them and will be granted the same grade after Todd signs it....anybody? 

they regrade your book. It could be that during the handling, the grade worsens. So, how did it turn out for you now that people are getting them back?

Edited by William-James88

On 1/27/2020 at 2:13 PM, TheBlizz said:

2 HOURS LATER
image.thumb.png.736d67600f77726b6a87c26c83e0502d.png

Books have been shipped and the grades are in!! I wanted to wait for the box to arrive but I knew I couldn't hold out so I took a look and here they are! 

image.thumb.png.dd65c65fcc7bb0480d06bd18c3609295.png

All books were cleaned and pressed. 

I sent in my Spawn 1/301, Batman 423, ASM 316 all raw. I'm very happy with those grades, even though I'm not a big fan of 9.6, it's so close to 9.8 that it's just a tease. 

The Hulk 340 was a 9.4 that I had CGC crack and it came back a 9.8!! 

My biggest win was the ASM 300! I'm loving that this is coming back a 9.4!!! This was a book that was slabbed and I had CGC crack for the signing, it was originally an 8.5! I knew the defects it had would definitely clear up with a pressing. I was hoping a 9.2 but this is even better! 

Now we wait and see if my sharpie colors were honored! C'mon TODD!! :) 

Hi all.  I sent in 4 books - all to be pressed (not fast tracked).  1 book was on a separate invoice because it was slabbed and needed to be cracked open by CGC.  All 4 books were logged as received on 12/10/19 (yes - I totally waited till the last minute to mail them in!).  I figured since I sent them in last minute that my books were literally at the bottom of the stack.  The 3 non-slabbed books are still pending in house signing status (expected).  But, interestingly, the 1 book that was slabbed has moved to scheduled for grading as of 01/28/20.  Maybe it was one of the McElbow fast tracked pressed books?   

On 1/25/2020 at 3:54 PM, gmgq23 said:

I totally agree. If I were to buy a CGC 9.8 book online, and received something that doesn’t appear to be a 9.8, I’d be quiet upset. We’re all one big community here, so honesty is the best policy.

Thanks.

Just a follow up for you guys regarding the ‘swapped’ labels.  

CGC customer service did get back to me on Monday morning, asking for pics.  I sent the same ones I posted on this thread, and 3hrs later they replied with specific instructions for me to ship the two books back to them for a free re-holder service, with shipping label on their dime.  

The books are already back to them in the same box they came in.  

:D

Edited by gmgq23

I looked at the grades, and honestly, I feel a bit let down. Not terribly so, but my excitement has been dampened.

I'm somewhat ok at determining what will be a 9.8 and what won't. I felt like all the books I sent in were strong candidates for 9.8, especially after a pressing. None had spine tics or bends at all. That's what I look for with my amateur eye.

I'm getting back 7 9.8s, 8 9.6s, and 1 9.2. Granted, I only really look over the covers, not the insides really. But this is the worst 9.8 ratio (less than 50%) that I've ever received with a submission, including before when I didn't even have books pressed. 

I'll see what they look like when I get them back. If there are suddenly obvious spine tics, then I'll just chalk it up to Todd leaning heavily on the books while he signed them, which is a bummer. If I still don't see anything wrong with them, then I'm considering sending some of the 9.6s back in later for a re-press / re-grade, just out of curiosity, once the stress of this marathon of McFarlane grading has worn off of them.

12 minutes ago, Drahcirh said:

Not going to lie, it's super hard not to check what my Malibu Sun 13 graded at. Trying to wait until it gets here. 

I think that it was you in the past, forgive me if I'm mistaken, but are you going to do an unboxing video? How many books? lol just trying to take your mind off of it, by..... talking about it :roflmao: :foryou: