• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todd McFarlane CGC Private Signing December 2019
6 6

1,036 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, nikocb said:

Yes, I cracked it out my self. As far as I know, it was the first press. 

I always felt that the original 9.4 grade was too low.

The book has no color breaking ticks. 
It did have a couple dings that didn’t break color so I was hoping the press would bump it up, but I wasn’t expecting higher than a 9.6!

Well done, congratulations :)

5 hours ago, hachimaull said:

Books are back and sadly I didn’t get the two labels I requested even tho I see other people with labels I was told the license expired and the NYC Spider-Man label was just forgotten about I guess. 

Really? That stinks, I ordered those also.  Did they refund you?

1 hour ago, Xenosmilus said:

Really? That stinks, I ordered those also.  Did they refund you?

Yes they did and also offered for me to send it back to Get reholder service but to wait another 2 months on my book for a label and risk losing it is not happening but they should of done more since I opted to not cost them an extra $70. 

1 minute ago, hachimaull said:

Yes they did and also offered for me to send it back to Get reholder service but to wait another 2 months on my book for a label and risk losing it is not happening but they should of done more since I opted to not cost them an extra $70. 

When did they let you know?  Mine are arriving tomorrow and have not heard anything so I guess that's a good sign....

22 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

When did they let you know?  Mine are arriving tomorrow and have not heard anything so I guess that's a good sign....

they didn’t let me know at all. I actually didn’t notice until I was about to put them away and I was like wait, wtf... where is my label!!! So I called. I’m still kinda pissed tbh. Mostly cuz I paid $10 and then was charged $30 on my new order for more labels on this mcfarlane signing and I didn’t even get a single label. 

all $40 was refunded but that’s not the point, now if I want one come next month it will cost me $$$$$$

22 minutes ago, hachimaull said:

they didn’t let me know at all. I actually didn’t notice until I was about to put them away and I was like wait, wtf... where is my label!!! So I called. I’m still kinda pissed tbh. Mostly cuz I paid $10 and then was charged $30 on my new order for more labels on this mcfarlane signing and I didn’t even get a single label. 

all $40 was refunded but that’s not the point, now if I want one come next month it will cost me $$$$$$

So wait, the only reason they refunded it was because you called in? Or they automatically refunded before you called?

19 minutes ago, Legion HQ said:

So wait, the only reason they refunded it was because you called in? Or they automatically refunded before you called?

I had to call buddy, I don’t even think they knew they messed up on my books honestly. 

but they do know of the label error which will charge u for labels on ur next submission. Example I submitted 8 books and wanted 2 labels. I was charged for 6 labels on my recent submission for my mcfarlane books, like a roll over debt which is a bug this system right now. So look at how much they charge u on ur next submission if u requested labels on some of ur books for this signing.  (Hopefully what I said makes sense) 

it’s just funny I paid for 8 labels over 2 submissions and got 0 labels. I swear to god if they don’t put a NyC Spider-Man label on my marvel celebrates Stan lee I’m going to kill somebody. 

The person on the phone also told me they couldn’t guarantee me a nyc Spider-Man label even if I sent them the book back tomorrow so idk. I’m just pissed off about this. But I’m happy with everything else, my signatures Todd did, The super quick turn around time, they price and everything. Just in their haste to get them back I didn’t get the labels I requested. Which isn’t the end of the world, I kinda wished they could do more for me instead of refunding me $10 for the labels tho. 

12 hours ago, Legion HQ said:

Maybe these early auction guys are just getting rid of their low-graded copies at whatever price they can recoup before the market is really flooded over the next couple weeks. Good situation for anyone who simply wants any ol' McFarlane signed book. Outside of the top 5-10 submitted books though (looking at you Spawn 1 and ASM 300, etc), if someone is targeting a specific book in 9.8, I don't expect they'll get much of a deal, if any. Like I'd love a copy of a signed 9.8 Wizard 1 or Marvel Tales (any number), but I'm not expecting I'll find any good deals.

image.thumb.png.81d5d5fbd5f82a532272e255fdbece96.png

Since the signing, 15 out of 405 ASM 300 books came back 9.8. I have two. I am not selling.

image.thumb.png.1db8733d5b059b630d0a40832665ce6b.png

Since the signing, 511 out of 786  Spawn 1 came back 9.8.

Edited by catch21

1 hour ago, hachimaull said:

The person on the phone also told me they couldn’t guarantee me a nyc Spider-Man label even if I sent them the book back tomorrow so idk. I’m just pissed off about this. But I’m happy with everything else, my signatures Todd did, The super quick turn around time, they price and everything. Just in their haste to get them back I didn’t get the labels I requested. Which isn’t the end of the world, I kinda wished they could do more for me instead of refunding me $10 for the labels tho. 

You're not the only one. I just got my books back today, all 5 I requested and paid for labels. No labels. I'm pretty sure I filled out the form correct too. 

Edited by zhenyuho

50 minutes ago, zhenyuho said:

You're not the only one. I just got my books back today, all 5 I requested and paid for labels. No labels. I'm pretty sure I filled out the form correct too. 

wow, well thank you. That makes me feel better knowing someone is dealing with the same problem. 

call them if u haven’t tomorrow to get refunded. 

will u send urs back? 

9 hours ago, hachimaull said:

wow, well thank you. That makes me feel better knowing someone is dealing with the same problem. 

call them if u haven’t tomorrow to get refunded. 

will u send urs back? 

If they can get the labels then yes, but from what I'm reading, their response to you was only an offer of a refund right? :(

11 minutes ago, zhenyuho said:

If they can get the labels then yes, but from what I'm reading, their response to you was only an offer of a refund right? :(

they offered to Give me the nyc Spider-Man logo but there should be new labels within 2-4 weeks so idk. Talk to them. 

20 hours ago, Aslpride8 said:

I notice that most of you using UPS. Let your know that I switched from UPS to FedEx. FedEx ship within two days during week or ship by Thursday or Friday will arrive my place at Monday. Only negative is no insurance coverage (correction: Insurance  up to $100), but it allow me to use my fedex ID and insurance coverage on it. I am pleased with FedEx and wouldn’t go back to UPS ever. 

I thought CGC stopped shipping via FedEx to California due to theft issues?

2 hours ago, greggy said:

I thought CGC stopped shipping via FedEx to California due to theft issues?

When I saw FedEx as an option. I called CGC for clarify and they mentioned that they do offer FedEx service but limited to $100 coverage. They explained that I can use my FedEx account and set up my own insurance coverage then use my ID on CGC:FedEx. It works and I have no problem to have CGCs ship to me using FedEx. Beside, its cheaper and faster. :) 

I wonder if anyone here knew CGC's reason for not acknowledge Spawn 1 Newsstand? Other Image Newsstand was acknowledged but not Spawn 1 Newsstand. Since CGC didn't acknowledge it, there is no data in Census to identify how many Spawn 1 Newsstand 9.8 with signature existed. :( 

10 minutes ago, Aslpride8 said:

Newsstand

Good question. Seems to me there is no set newsstand policy at CGC. Sent in a few Spawn newsstands myself and only one was labeled as such. What gives?

20FB65E8-42E9-4EB3-AD27-3E000BAA93B7.jpeg

331B7C4B-BF11-4F72-AEE2-143CF0FA90A1.jpeg

Edited by ThothAmon