• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todd McFarlane CGC Private Signing December 2019
6 6

1,036 posts in this topic

One still received 11/27 and not moved since. I’ve called CGC and they’ve said it’s signed but in the CCS queue. Very weird because I shipped another book to them same time and it’s back already that was also pressed.

they tell me I need to be patient as it takes 3-4 weeks to get pressed? I thought we paid for expedited press and grading.

been given the run around all week and it’s getting frustrated.

Edited by YouFoundDonon

43 minutes ago, YouFoundDonon said:

One still received 11/27 and not moved since. I’ve called CGC and they’ve said it’s signed but in the CCS queue. Very weird because I shipped another book to them same time and it’s back already that was also pressed.

they tell me I need to be patient as it takes 3-4 weeks to get pressed? I thought we paid for expedited press and grading.

Yes original pressing time was 3 weeks and 3 weeks grading. That is expedited so who knows what happened to ur single book. It could technically take 6 weeks but will be back to u by the end of February in the latest. 

Don’t worry they lied to me as well about how they can’t use those marvel labels starting January 1st cuz the license ran out but u see all these other people with those labels, I’m still pissed off about that. 

I really like CGC, but I really don’t appreciate being lied too. Like they could of told me they screwed up with their haste to get my books back to me and I would of been fine, lying just pisses me off and I still haven’t received my $10 refund yet.

Another thing me off now are all these people selling their books and sending in more than the 25 book limit. Like I literally saw a guy trying to sell 40 signed books yesterday.  I get u wanna make money and ur a huge part of CGC business but maybe ur super bulk for profit submissions should be at the end of the line and let us normal people who are keeping this forever go first. 

Edited by hachimaull

20 hours ago, YouFoundDonon said:

I'm in the same boat - sent 3 to be pressed - marked as Received and hasn't moved since then.  My 1 book that was not getting pressed is already back.  I call them and get the "well it's at CCS so be patient"....waiting sucks.

1 hour ago, Wadezky said:
21 hours ago, YouFoundDonon said:

I'm in the same boat - sent 3 to be pressed - marked as Received and hasn't moved since then.  My 1 book that was not getting pressed is already back.  I call them and get the "well it's at CCS so be patient"....waiting sucks.

I understand waiting isn't fun, but I'm having a little trouble understanding the complaint?  From my understanding the LAST books Todd signed were on January 15.  Wouldn't three weeks for expedited pressing still put us squarely in the 'press window'?  And then another three weeks potentially grade and mail out?  I admit their system isn't always as updated as possible, and their communication could probably be better (although this is a VERY special signing with a lot of '1st time' stuff).  Just because SOME of the books exceeded expectations you guys are mad that all of the books didn't?  Seems like an odd flex.

10 minutes ago, revat said:

I understand waiting isn't fun, but I'm having a little trouble understanding the complaint?  From my understanding the LAST books Todd signed were on January 15.  Wouldn't three weeks for expedited pressing still put us squarely in the 'press window'?  And then another three weeks potentially grade and mail out?  I admit their system isn't always as updated as possible, and their communication could probably be better (although this is a VERY special signing with a lot of '1st time' stuff).  Just because SOME of the books exceeded expectations you guys are mad that all of the books didn't?  Seems like an odd flex.

Shouldn't the the window be from the first sig to the last? If so, I think that could put us on the tail end of the window for many books.

But I think the complaint, though, which I share, is precisely the lack of communication. To say the system isn't always as updated as possible and their communication would probably be better are pretty significant understatements. You have people trying to divine the status of their subs based on seemingly random updates or notifications about charges to their credit cards. People shouldn't have to resort to crystal balls and witchcraft to figure out what's going on with their books other than that they've been received. In fact, I think the uniqueness of this signing would be a reason to be more communicative, not less. 

36 minutes ago, revat said:

Last day signed was the 20th. First day signed was the 14th. 

21 minutes ago, 315008 said:
40 minutes ago, revat said:

Shouldn't the the window be from the first sig to the last? If so, I think that could put us on the tail end of the window for many books.

But I think the complaint, though, which I share, is precisely the lack of communication. To say the system isn't always as updated as possible and their communication would probably be better are pretty significant understatements. You have people trying to divine the status of their subs based on seemingly random updates or notifications about charges to their credit cards. People shouldn't have to resort to crystal balls and witchcraft to figure out what's going on with their books other than that they've been received. In fact, I think the uniqueness of this signing would be a reason to be more communicative, not less. 

I understand that they're prized possessions, and its a lot of money, but I guess I liken it ordering food at a restaurant, they tell you the app is gonna take 10 minutes, and the main 25 minutes, and when the app comes out it 4 minutes and the table next to you gets served mains in 8 minutes, you're asking the waiter for updates on your main at 11 minutes and 15 minutes.  Then the waiter takes 3 minutes to ask the chef about it, who gives an estimate that is plus or minus 5 minutes, then the waiter gets back to you three minutes later after asking the chef.  A lot of the estimate can be lost in the translation.

And yes, its possible they forgot your order and/or messed it up, which sucks, but I would say since they at least have a record of your order, you're in reasonable shape with expectation that things will be done reasonably correct in a reasonable time.  And if they haven't gone significantly over the originally agreed upon times, then I guess I personally wouldn't be put out by it. 

I would also say this:  The original signing was scheduled for a certain date.  CGC almost certainly planned some logistics of transporting and staffing (both for CGC and CCS) in anticipation of signing during those original dates.  Those dates then changed, through no fault of CGC, and CGC was forced to change their logistical plans.  The odds are that some of the anticipated efficiencies were lost as a result of the change. 

That's just how I see it.  But I also understand the desire to commiserate on the internet with like-minded individuals who feel (rightfully or wrongfully) aggrieved or annoyed.  Not that CGC doesn't deserve criticism or doesn't have improvements to make, they do.

29 minutes ago, revat said:

I understand that they're prized possessions, and its a lot of money, but I guess I liken it ordering food at a restaurant, they tell you the app is gonna take 10 minutes, and the main 25 minutes, and when the app comes out it 4 minutes and the table next to you gets served mains in 8 minutes, you're asking the waiter for updates on your main at 11 minutes and 15 minutes.  Then the waiter takes 3 minutes to ask the chef about it, who gives an estimate that is plus or minus 5 minutes, then the waiter gets back to you three minutes later after asking the chef.  A lot of the estimate can be lost in the translation.

And yes, its possible they forgot your order and/or messed it up, which sucks, but I would say since they at least have a record of your order, you're in reasonable shape with expectation that things will be done reasonably correct in a reasonable time.  And if they haven't gone significantly over the originally agreed upon times, then I guess I personally wouldn't be put out by it. 

I would also say this:  The original signing was scheduled for a certain date.  CGC almost certainly planned some logistics of transporting and staffing (both for CGC and CCS) in anticipation of signing during those original dates.  Those dates then changed, through no fault of CGC, and CGC was forced to change their logistical plans.  The odds are that some of the anticipated efficiencies were lost as a result of the change. 

That's just how I see it.  But I also understand the desire to commiserate on the internet with like-minded individuals who feel (rightfully or wrongfully) aggrieved or annoyed.  Not that CGC doesn't deserve criticism or doesn't have improvements to make, they do.

I would agree with your analogy if in this restaurant there were a board at the front that supposedly showed the status of each order and that status doesn't change after you see many others getting their meals. Simply having the board invites heightened anticipation. Either have a current, informative, regularly updated board, or don't have one at all. 

But to your point, many of us, myself included, have acknowledged that we're a bit neurotic about this.

My complaint isn't the 6 week timeline, I knew what I was getting into.  It was the non-communication when they "lost" my books at CCS.  Anyway I called again today and they were found, pressed, and back at CGC ....even though no change online, still showing as Received as they have been since 12-12

The complaint stems in that I sent two books, the same day to be signed and pressed. One of my books is back already and the other still in line for CCS to press.
CGC is one of the only companies I know if that posts time frames on books and doesn't abide by them due to their ability to adjust turn times at will.

You can pay for Fast Track which is, in example, 10 business days and it states that when arrived and received. Only the next day they update their turn times to 20 business days and they tell you good luck!...Thanks for your money though, sorry about that.  This happens frequently.  

It's a pretty bad customer service model, but they have all the leverage.. not like we are going to hurt the value of our comics going through PGX and CBCS. 

Not to mention, understandably, our books were delayed due to unforeseen circumstances by Todd. CGC should have realized this could be a burden on their customers and maybe put some enhanced focus on all of our books to help with the turn time from an already delayed event. 

Edited by YouFoundDonon

Finally my date has changed to "Received 2-6".....just as they told me yesterday that the books were finally back from CCS.  I'm OK with the time frame, it's just me being impatient (and it's got worse as I see so many others with their books back a week or 2 ago).

But finally the end is in sight!

22 minutes ago, Wadezky said:

Finally my date has changed to "Received 2-6".....just as they told me yesterday that the books were finally back from CCS.  I'm OK with the time frame, it's just me being impatient (and it's got worse as I see so many others with their books back a week or 2 ago).

But finally the end is in sight!

what was your initial received date

22 hours ago, 315008 said:

You want crazy delivery issues. Try unknowncomics & the 6 weeks for delivery on books sitting in shop for over a year. Its like 1980 all over, 4-6 weeks just to get a update.