• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todd McFarlane CGC Private Signing December 2019
6 6

1,036 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Ladic said:

My comics yesterday came back from CCS pressing and moved to grading/quality control. How long will it be until I see grades in the system? about one week approx?

Mine came back from CCS on Weds the 5th (per my phone call to CGC)...marked as Received yesterday 2-6 and today are in Grading/Quality Control.  Seems like it's gonna move fast now....I'm thinking a day or 2 til the grades are in the system.

1 hour ago, Ladic said:

My comics yesterday came back from CCS pressing and moved to grading/quality control. How long will it be until I see grades in the system? about one week approx?

as soon as ur books are marked finalized / imaged / shipped u will be able to look at the grades u got. 

1 hour ago, Ladic said:

More than likely, a few days.

9 minutes ago, Ron C. said:

Finally got back my McFarlane books.... they took a while coming back RM. All of them got the full Todd signature and 16 of 17 9.8s  :banana:

Thank you to @Par2ch for prepping and submitting these books for me!!!

Marvel Tales 236 98.jpg

Marvel Tales 235 237.jpg

Marvel Tales 238 239.jpg

There are few things in the Copper Age that make my jaw drop anymore. These are one of them. Those newsstands. Wow. Just wow. Just...wow.

Congratulations! They are STUNNING! And if you're going to sell the duplicates, you ought not ask a penny less than $500. 

Wow.

Wowee zowee!

:applause:

I suspect....based on my experience, and the experience of others...that Todd chooses the colors so that he can be different from anyone else who signs. He signed my first Spidey #1 silver in silver, but the one with Johnny...? Yellow. 

8 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

I suspect....based on my experience, and the experience of others...that Todd chooses the colors so that he can be different from anyone else who signs. He signed my first Spidey #1 silver in silver, but the one with Johnny...? Yellow. 

Those are some wonderful books! Congrats! As far as color choices, if there was a listed color preference, CGC likely tried to somewhat separate them out..... but that was a ton of books that he had to sign.  I doubt he was changing sharpies between signatures.

9 minutes ago, Ron C. said:

I doubt he was changing sharpies between signatures.

I dunno...having watched him sign in the past, I've seen him change sharpies 3 times for 3 different consecutive books. I don't think he has any problem with doing that based on what he feels looks good to him.

11 minutes ago, Ron C. said:

Those are some wonderful books! Congrats!

Thanks! I'm super pleased with the #345 newsstand. I'm pretty certain it's the only SS newsstand 9.8, and I would be surprised if there were more than 10 newsstands total.

Just lucked out on finding it.

U gotta remember Todd is an artist and he’s going to be an artist no matter what.  Maybe his artistic mind tells him silver on this book but red on this book even tho u wanted let’s say blue. 

like my venom mcfarlane sketch for example, I’ve only seen that book signed by him in red maybe he just associates that book with red.  

4 minutes ago, hachimaull said:

U gotta remember Todd is an artist and he’s going to be an artist no matter what.  Maybe his artistic mind tells him silver on this book but red on this book even tho u wanted let’s say blue. 

like my venom mcfarlane sketch for example, I’ve only seen that book signed by him in red maybe he just associates that book with red.  

Agree to disagree. ;)

30 minutes ago, ReporterSixx said:

Is this a unicorn? 

E7D618E2-48BE-4A7D-8ABF-E1C19E9526C5.jpeg

No way of knowing definitively, as the registry doesn't set them apart, but I'd say you're on your way to finding the end of the rainbow! :headbang: