• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todd McFarlane CGC Private Signing December 2019
6 6

1,036 posts in this topic

These all were originally 9.8. I didn't receive the memo on Todd's handling until after I shipped. CGC normally handles Chris Claremount, those always come back the same 9.8. 

The non 9.8 books are currently at CGC waiting to be screened for pressing can improve the score.. 

Odd note, the only book that came back with Grader's notes is one of amazing Spider-man 300.

20200202_160033.jpg

20200202_160403.jpg

20200202_160527.jpg

20200202_160500.jpg

20200202_160633.jpg

20200202_160556.jpg

Edited by catch21

6 hours ago, Ladic said:

Mine just finished grading, HOLY COW!!

I submitted ASM 300 9.4 blue label and Hulk 340 9.0 Blu label, had them press and this is what they got!

image.thumb.png.3d82df9f0151d8c986283cc06edaa96e.png

I submited asm 361 8.0 and got it back as a 9.6 after pressing. I'm stoked! It's signed by everyone who worked on the comic (except for the letterer who is no longer alive) plus todd who helped create venom. It survived 8 pairs of grubby hands from comic creators and still got a 9.6 lol. Not to mention my own mitts. ;)

26 minutes ago, 0Marc0 said:

I submited asm 361 8.0 and got it back as a 9.6 after pressing. I'm stoked! It's signed by everyone who worked on the comic (except for the letterer who is no longer alive) plus todd who helped create venom. It survived 8 pairs of grubby hands from comic creators and still got a 9.6 lol. Not to mention my own mitts. ;)

Fun fact: Joe Rosen, the letterer of that issue, lettered that book when he was 71 years old.

9 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Fun fact: Joe Rosen, the letterer of that issue, lettered that book when he was 71 years old.

I never knew how old he was when he worked on the comic. Wish I could have had his signature too but I guess Todd's will have to make up for the missing sign. Cool bit of comic lore. Thanks for the info! 

5 hours ago, eee91 said:

Marvel Tales #235. Before the signing, there were a grand total of 4 CGC SS copies - two 9.8s, a 9.4, and a 8.0. 

After the signing, there are now 13 CGC SS copies - including six 9.8s, four 9.6s. 

And this one's mine-

1713168584_MarvelTales235CGCSS9.8.jpg.b6cce9a75771b45edaebd441559acc8d.jpg

Not bad for a book I've had for thirty years. The OCD-part of me originally didn't like that the sig is crooked, but now I kinda like it. He clearly started signing, then realized there wasn't enough room, so he squished his name crooked to get it to fit.

Anyways, thank you to Todd and CGC for doing this. It was fun to be part of an event where seemingly everyone was a part of. Here's hoping CGC does events like this again with Todd and other creators. 

I did the same.... didn't get it out of the box until this signing. Even though the stories are mostly reprints, some of Todd's covers in this little run are wonderful!

Finally got my grades!!  Books were just shipped so I don't have pics yet but got my grades.  All were pressed and all grades stayed exactly what they were when I sent them in...kind of a bummer there but at least they didn't drop

ASM300 9.4 White pages.....   Spawn 300 NYCC Gold foil edition 9.6 White pages......   Venom Lethal Protector 1 Black cover printing error 9.6 White pages

Was hoping for at least a bump somewhere (especially that Venom) but still happy.  Can't wait to see the actual books to see the sigs

2 hours ago, Ron C. said:

I did the same.... didn't get it out of the box until this signing. Even though the stories are mostly reprints, some of Todd's covers in this little run are wonderful!

It took me a while to appreciate these, because they were reprints, and there was such a bias against reprints among collectors back then. But the run is really quite neat, 17 different covers that are all new art, and they were the only way to get new McFarlane art for the 7 months between ASM #328 and Spiderman #1. For those who had had two solid years of monthly (and mostly twice a month!) McFarlane art, those 7 months must have been pure torture.

11 hours ago, Wadezky said:

Finally got my grades!!  Books were just shipped so I don't have pics yet but got my grades.  All were pressed and all grades stayed exactly what they were when I sent them in...kind of a bummer there but at least they didn't drop

ASM300 9.4 White pages.....   Spawn 300 NYCC Gold foil edition 9.6 White pages......   Venom Lethal Protector 1 Black cover printing error 9.6 White pages

Was hoping for at least a bump somewhere (especially that Venom) but still happy.  Can't wait to see the actual books to see the sigs

Nice books. Sharp grades. Jealous of the lethal protector!