• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todd McFarlane CGC Private Signing December 2019
6 6

1,036 posts in this topic

I want to send in my 9.8 Marvel Collectible Classics Spider Man #1 and have both front and back signed (front is ASM#300 black costume and back in ASM #301 red costume

should be no problem with two signatures on one comic if I pay 2 X $89 , right ? Or should it be less since the $89 includes grading as well, and it's only one book ?

This is getting more and more confusing.....

1 hour ago, fishbone said:

I want to send in my 9.8 Marvel Collectible Classics Spider Man #1 and have both front and back signed (front is ASM#300 black costume and back in ASM #301 red costume

should be no problem with two signatures on one comic if I pay 2 X $89 , right ? Or should it be less since the $89 includes grading as well, and it's only one book ?

This is getting more and more confusing.....

The only thing I could think of stopping you is the window bag....

Maybe put the board in the middle of the comic?

I have a 9.4 ASM 300 I am considering sending in.  I paid for the grader notes and they say: “spine stress lines spine breaks color”.   The only way I could see them was using my phone flashlight and they are very tiny.  Is this something a press and clean could help?  Wondering if it’s worth the extra $20 for the potential of a grade bump. I’ve never send in a book for grading so please excuse my question if it’s stupid. 

3 hours ago, Loose leaf paper said:

I have a 9.4 ASM 300 I am considering sending in.  I paid for the grader notes and they say: “spine stress lines spine breaks color”.   The only way I could see them was using my phone flashlight and they are very tiny.  Is this something a press and clean could help?  Wondering if it’s worth the extra $20 for the potential of a grade bump. I’ve never send in a book for grading so please excuse my question if it’s stupid. 

A press will not fix color breaks... can't fix what's not there. Have you checked with the seller to ask if the book had already been pressed? There is a chance that a press may be able to clean up the stress lines, but without seeing the book really can't say if it would help.... I just got a book back, that had been pressed & cleaned, with notes of "very light spine stress lines breaks color" and got a 9.2 ... so notes may not tell the whole story.

Edited by jokiing

2 minutes ago, fishbone said:
16 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

The only thing I could think of stopping you is the window bag....

Maybe put the board in the middle of the comic?

:roflmao:

ya I didn't see that it was already a CGC 9.8, if they crack it out, I'm sure they have it covered :) Still something that is easier to do in person :foryou: But I don't believe that's ever an option with Todd!

12 hours ago, jokiing said:

A press will not fix color breaks... can't fix what's not there. Have you checked with the seller to ask if the book had already been pressed? There is a chance that a press may be able to clean up the stress lines, but without seeing the book really can't say if it would help.... I just got a book back, that had been pressed & cleaned, with notes of "very light spine stress lines breaks color" and got a 9.2 ... so notes may not tell the whole story.

I appreciate your detailed response as opposed to a passive aggressive noob comment from keyboard warrior up there.

I purchased this 2 years ago from a high volume dealer so I am past the point of being able to inquire.  You can barely see the lines and they are on the back.  I'm also wondering if there is a chance that they re-grade it and it comes back better...I suppose the opposite could happen as well.

9 minutes ago, Loose leaf paper said:
13 hours ago, jokiing said:

I appreciate your detailed response as opposed to a passive aggressive noob comment from keyboard warrior up there.

I purchased this 2 years ago from a high volume dealer so I am past the point of being able to inquire.  You can barely see the lines and they are on the back.  I'm also wondering if there is a chance that they re-grade it and it comes back better...I suppose the opposite could happen as well.

I agree :) 

Since CGC is going to "regrade" it anyway due to adding the signature, perhaps a press will help, I mean it couldn't hurt :) 

Considering it was a certain grade now, if the cost allows for the extra $20 to press and still be comfortable in the same grade, go for it ;) 

I think this is a deal, at a flat rate, and adding pressing seems also cheaper in my limited experience with it, this time around, good on CGC! ^^ 

45 minutes ago, Loose leaf paper said:

Everyone was a noob at some point!

If the slab was one of the older ones - then chances are it probably was not previously pressed.  But that's just my guess.  If the slab was one of the new ones - then its probably a flip of a coin if it was or was not already pressed.  Since you bought it 2 years ago - chances are it might not have been - but without finding out from the original owner you will never know.  

You're question is really one to be answered by you - you asked if its worth $20 for a potential grade bump (you would hope it doesn't go down a grade but it can happen).  You have to ask yourself what are you wanting from all of this?  If you are satisfied with Todd's signature on a 9.4 (assuming it comes back the same grade) - then it's not worth your extra cash for the press.  And you're a happy camper with Todd's signature on an awesome key book.  But, if you want to take a $20 gamble on a possible grade bump - then it's totally worth it. 

Maybe the better question for you is - are you going to regret not getting it pressed?  Because if you will feel that way later - it will definitely cost you more than $20 to send it back in to get pressed & regraded again.  

And a color break is a color break and will always be a color break - regardless of how hard it may be to see to you.  CGC will find it and grade appropriately.  Only restoration will help "fix" that for you.  

30 minutes ago, DELTA 62 said:
1 hour ago, Loose leaf paper said:

Everyone was a noob at some point!

If the slab was one of the older ones - then chances are it probably was not previously pressed.  But that's just my guess.  If the slab was one of the new ones - then its probably a flip of a coin if it was or was not already pressed.  Since you bought it 2 years ago - chances are it might not have been - but without finding out from the original owner you will never know.  

You're question is really one to be answered by you - you asked if its worth $20 for a potential grade bump (you would hope it doesn't go down a grade but it can happen).  You have to ask yourself what are you wanting from all of this?  If you are satisfied with Todd's signature on a 9.4 (assuming it comes back the same grade) - then it's not worth your extra cash for the press.  And you're a happy camper with Todd's signature on an awesome key book.  But, if you want to take a $20 gamble on a possible grade bump - then it's totally worth it. 

Maybe the better question for you is - are you going to regret not getting it pressed?  Because if you will feel that way later - it will definitely cost you more than $20 to send it back in to get pressed & regraded again.  

And a color break is a color break and will always be a color break - regardless of how hard it may be to see to you.  CGC will find it and grade appropriately.  Only restoration will help "fix" that for you.  

and to mention that CGC is "guaranteeing estimated TAT" with these books :) 

2 minutes ago, Foley said:
12 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Guaranteed estimates :roflmao:

That's a new concept to me. Way to go CGC!

I know right? they said something like 3 week TAT no press, and 6 week TAT with press, it made me do a double take as well! I mean I get that it's "their event", but seemingly giving it "priority?" .... idk 

25 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

More information and submission instructions are below.

The signing fee will be $89 per item with an additional $20 fee for CCS pressing. Submissions for grading will have a 3 week turnaround time. Submissions that include CCS pressing will have a 6 week turnaround time.

Found here

https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/7862/

They are guaranteeing TAT, which are "usually" estimates, to be grammatically correct :foryou: