• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todd McFarlane CGC Private Signing December 2019
6 6

1,036 posts in this topic

I was concerned about the holidays and delivery times. So I sent it via USPS Priority Express 12/3, delivered and received/entered into CGC 12/4. Yea it was a heftier price and lesson learned; don't procrastinate! lol

Interesting thing, though, is that because the delivery did not meet the guaranteed time, it qualifies for a full refund.

Fingers crossed. Good luck to everyone!

14 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

I'll put this here, too, in case someone has an answer:

Soooooo...this may not be the best place to ask this, but do we know definitively how to tell the bagged UPC green from the unbagged regular UPC green...?

I have a couple of bagged UPCs...but I don't want to unbag them and have them relegated to standard UPC copies.

The webbing is colored differently on the bagged vs unbagged versions.

This was my first time ever submitting, I shipped on the 2nd, and it was delivered on the 4th, but I'm not seeing anything in my CGC account, how long does it usually take?

I submitted:

New Mutants 87 signed by Liefeld

Venomverse 1 skyline variant

And just to try, an Amazing Spider-man 700 skyline variant.  We will see if he signs it or not.  It has his name on the cover, so I thought it was worth a shot :)

34 minutes ago, alarment said:

This was my first time ever submitting, I shipped on the 2nd, and it was delivered on the 4th, but I'm not seeing anything in my CGC account, how long does it usually take?

I submitted:

And just to try, an Amazing Spider-man 700 skyline variant.  We will see if he signs it or not.  It has his name on the cover, so I thought it was worth a shot :)

My guess is that it will not 'hit' the system in a way that you can view until AFTER the signing takes place, unless you've found something else stated somewhere else.  And even then, give it a few weeks.

9 hours ago, ggovel said:

The webbing is colored differently on the bagged vs unbagged versions.

I have unbagged copies in both web colors (bought off rack new), so not sure if that's definitive....  

Checked my books and my bagged issues have dark purple web and my unbagged are both colors (mostly dark purple)

Edited by jokiing

3 hours ago, alarment said:

I submitted:

Mine was delivered on the 4th as well. They're showing up in my Submissions now as of a couple hours ago. So you should see yours any time now as well in your account.

I don't think he'll sign the New Mutants 87 since he didn't have anything to do with that issue. He's signed the Amazing Spider-Man 700 issue previously, so he'll likely sign that. I bet CGC will contact you about the NM 87. Hopefully anyway. I don't know why they would bother cracking it out of the case, if they know he won't sign it. 

6 minutes ago, Legion HQ said:

I don't think he'll sign the New Mutants 87 since he didn't have anything to do with that issue. He's signed the Amazing Spider-Man 700 issue previously, so he'll likely sign that. I bet CGC will contact you about the NM 87. Hopefully anyway. I don't know why they would bother cracking it out of the case, if they know he won't sign it. 

McFarlane & Liefeld did the cover art on New Mutants 87

3 hours ago, revat said:

My guess is that it will not 'hit' the system in a way that you can view until AFTER the signing takes place, unless you've found something else stated somewhere else.  And even then, give it a few weeks.

Mine are already in the system.

4 minutes ago, joeypost said:

Mine are already in the system.

I think the other guy has a free account so they may not have a portal. 

On 11/30/2019 at 11:20 AM, Catwomancomics said:

I wouldn't do it.  I would stick with a yellow only label and with creators that actually worked on the book.

Edit:  If you’re dead set on having a Stan Lee / Todd McFarlane book, then buy a yellow label Stan book and have a witness / CGC crack it open and get it done that way.

At the moment financially the raw book option fits best. Otherwise I would definitely go the route your suggesting. It’s for my PC so it’s all good if it’s a yellow/green. 

16 hours ago, HerculoidZok said:

I was concerned about the holidays and delivery times. So I sent it via USPS Priority Express 12/3, delivered and received/entered into CGC 12/4. Yea it was a heftier price and lesson learned; don't procrastinate! lol

Interesting thing, though, is that because the delivery did not meet the guaranteed time, it qualifies for a full refund.

Fingers crossed. Good luck to everyone!

Did the same. Tracking says box arrived yesterday no information on my account yet though. That price tag for shipping was not fun.