• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todd McFarlane CGC Private Signing December 2019
6 6

1,036 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

@Legion HQDid anyone read the fine print?  Meaning did CGC guarantee a signing if received by Dec, 9?

Oh gosh, that would be a customer service and PR nightmare for them. I can't imagine they wouldn't commit to getting every book signed....eventually.

23 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

@Legion HQDid anyone read the fine print?  Meaning did CGC guarantee a signing if received by Dec, 9?

I thought the deal was they had to HAVE the books by the 9th in their warehouse not “receive” them, since it does take like a week to receive the books. I sent mine the Friday before thanksgiving and they didn’t receive them until the 2nd.   

Do u guys know of anyone who has their books sent back? As in sent Back I mean rejected

I mean ur only 4 days after me legion I think u will be fine buddy. Don’t worry about it :) 

Edited by hachimaull

5 hours ago, Xenosmilus said:

The guarantee is if it came in the mail December 9th not put in the system December 9th. My books arrived on the 9th and are part of this signing. 

image.thumb.png.07272c4a064f7594802dd5fd6906aff1.png

16 hours ago, Xenosmilus said:

Todd said after this signing that there will be only 4 Spawn #1's that have not been signed so it may be worth more in the long run :roflmao:

Actually as of 1/14/20 for Spawn #1 there were only 2150 total in the CGC SS census.  This is only SS not universal total

For comparison on the same date ASM 300 there were 3261 total in SS census.

It will be interesting to look at the numbers after he is finished with this signing

1 minute ago, boatfund said:

Actually as of 1/14/20 for Spawn #1 there were only 2150 total in the CGC SS census.  This is only SS not universal total

For comparison on the same date ASM 300 there were 3261 total in SS census.

It will be interesting to look at the numbers after he is finished with this signing

:jokealert: Todd said that there are only 4 unsigned Spawn #1's in a video post from CGC.

Just now, Xenosmilus said:

:jokealert: Todd said that there are only 4 unsigned Spawn #1's in a video post from CGC.

I know,, I just thought it was interesting to look at the numbers.  I expected the number to be 10,000 or something like that, the lower number surprised me.

The videos are fun to watch, especially his comments to individual submitters.

45 minutes ago, Legion HQ said:

Glad I ordered the pressing service after watching these videos.  lol

If it makes anyone feel any better, 11 of 13 of my comics got a 9.8... other two 9.6.... and I must confess, although I have a number of pre CGC signatures (talking  1970 - 80's) this was my first CGC signing event and I didn't learn until after I sent in my comics what exactly a window bag was. Comics were sent in bagged and boarded, wasn't sure how they would be dealt with, and in the end all was well....

Edited by jokiing

My first post but I wanted to chime in after reading thru these, it's all interesting as hell.  Anyway I submitted 4 books - all received before the deadline, all marked received 12-12 and currently in "In-house signing grading"...

ASM 300 9.4,  Spawn 300 NYCC Gold 9.6, Venom Lethal Protector black cover printing error 9.6.  All of these going for pressing as well

and Spawn 300 variant cover K already signed by Snyder and Capullo, 9.8 (not getting pressed).

I check every day but everything is still in "received" so fingers crossed on the speed and on the grades!  I've been VERY happy with CCS in the past so I'm hoping for good news!  Good luck to us all!

44 minutes ago, jokiing said:

If it makes anyone feel any better, 11 of 13 of my comics got a 9.8... other two 9.6.... and I must confess, although I have a number of pre CGC signatures (talking  1970 - 80's) this was my first CGC signing event and I didn't learn until after I sent in my comics what exactly a window bag was. Comics were sent in bagged and boarded, wasn't sure how they would be dealt with, and in the end all was well....

Glad they signed yours because the add said they needed to be window bagged. Didn’t think they would’ve if they weren’t. 

1 minute ago, rogue14 said:

Its great that he’s doing this for us, and I commend him for spending the late nights to comply with the signing commitment. Thanks Todd!! Can’t wait!

With the shekels that the Toddster is making on this signing, he should be thanking you. :flipbait:

11 minutes ago, rogue14 said:

Glad they signed yours because the add said they needed to be window bagged. Didn’t think they would’ve if they weren’t. 

That was a concern. Seems that CGC has been flexible with this and comics showing up "too close" to the deadline. Curious how they took care of my comics... did they transfer to window bag? Anyway, very happy with their service.