• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todd McFarlane CGC Private Signing December 2019
6 6

1,036 posts in this topic

Yeah, I have to say that I've only had top-notch service from CGC in all my dealings with them. Can't say the same for the competition. I'll only deal with CGC for my graded books.

Still no indication that my books have been signed yet (received 12/6). Fingers crossed for today!

23 minutes ago, Legion HQ said:

Yeah, I have to say that I've only had top-notch service from CGC in all my dealings with them. Can't say the same for the competition. I'll only deal with CGC for my graded books.

Still no indication that my books have been signed yet (received 12/6). Fingers crossed for today!

check ur status between 8-10pm eastern time tonight. Don’t worry, Todd’s got u Blue!!

CBCS will turn around ur books a little faster especially if ur pressing ur books but I can twist their cases like I’m ringing out a towel. I prefer CGC they have nice firm cases and I’ll only buy CBCS slabs from one guy cuz They r yellow labels and he’s awesome

Edited by hachimaull

21 hours ago, seanfingh said:

I find this whole thing fascinating. Todd has been available through various private signings since at least 2010 or 2011. If you wanted them, you could get them. Pure speculation is that there would maybe be a couple hundred or so done every time.  CGC announces that they are running the process themselves, and they get 13,000 submissions.

This is maybe a wake-up for CGC to realize the demand for Sig Series, and that maybe they should take control of the program themselves.  I wonder who has been saying that for over a decade . . .

Amen Brother

2 minutes ago, Legion HQ said:

So, random question:  where do people get that blue tape from that most are using for the bag windows? I ended up just using plain ol' masking tape.

It's probably painter's tape. I use it to secure comics to cardboard for shipping. Sticks pretty good and easily peels off the bags without tearing.

2 minutes ago, jokiing said:

It's probably painter's tape. I use it to secure comics to cardboard for shipping. Sticks pretty good and easily peels off the bags without tearing.

Good to know! Appreciate the info! I'll definitely look for that with the next signing. Don't want to look like an amateur.  :shy:

8 minutes ago, Legion HQ said:

Good to know! Appreciate the info! I'll definitely look for that with the next signing. Don't want to look like an amateur.  :shy:

Oh, you mean like me...who didn't realize what a window bag was....:facepalm:

14 minutes ago, Legion HQ said:

U can always get these bags that I’m sure you’ve seen in the videos too If u want to look super professional. 

the painters tape is pretty thick at an inch. 

3152B720-1488-4909-870D-03A41182BD0A.png

Just now, hachimaull said:

U can always get these bags that I’m sure you’ve seen in the videos too If u want to look super professional. 

Well there! I had no idea that those existed! Inneresting….

17 minutes ago, hachimaull said:

Those would do the trick, especially if one doesn't have a specific area for the signature, but they're a bit pricey.... Also, painter's tape comes in different widths and some brands are thinner than the  most popular 3M Blue tape... I have 3/4" XFasten brand off Amazon..works well.

Edited by jokiing

26 minutes ago, hachimaull said:

such is the price for convenience. They are shipped to you, no manual work cutting a bag apart and they also have a flap to close so ur comic doesn’t get damaged from the huge hole on the front but I prefer to cut my own bag that way I get the signature where I want it. 

I think I prefer to cut my own window as well. Those would work well with a blank cover for sketches. Otherwise, I can be a bit particular with some covers as to where I prefer the placement of the sig, especially the more busy covers that don't leave much room for autographs, such as these two that I submitted:

ASM Skating on Thin Ice.jpg

Marvel Tales 235.jpg

5 minutes ago, hachimaull said:

damn, they hooking u up!! They better not leave us who wanted pressing hanging for a month with a return like that!! 

I opted for the Todd McElbowPress™ because of the quicker turnaround.

My first CGC signing ever and I didn't know about the window bags.  You can watch videos on how to do it now I know.  I'm definitely will be sending more books next time for Toddfather to CGC if there is a next one.  I'd be happy with a 5.0 with a Green Label (multiple ink marks on the cover).  It meant that Toddfather touched it more than the other books and had my book looking at him for longer than others.  

Edited by bloodwings19

2 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

Just received CCS payment acknowledgment (again).  I hope this mean's my books have been pressed!  Seems a little fast to be honest...

Bro I legit just got the same thing! But I paid this last month so I hope they don’t recharge me.... so I’m wondering what’s going on. 

Just now, hachimaull said:

Bro I legit just got the same thing! But I paid this last month so I hope they don’t recharge me.... so I’m wondering what’s going on. 

I'm not worried about getting re-charged. I'm assuming that they sent that to let us know that they have been pressed.  The key word being assuming!