• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todd McFarlane CGC Private Signing December 2019
6 6

1,036 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

I'm not worried about getting re-charged. I'm assuming that they sent that to let us know that they have been pressed.  The key word being assuming!

like that would be amazing but I was expecting that to happen next week tbh and my status hasnt updated. I wonder if they r putting in them overtime hours And will work through the weekend to speed this up. 

3 minutes ago, Shawngk said:

My received date changed from 11/22 to 1/17.  I hope the change of date means the pressing department received it today and it was signed.  Not a mix up in the initial receiveing to the facility.

Hmm that’s odd too, I didn’t get that yet. Did u also get the email of payment to ccs again? 

3 minutes ago, hachimaull said:

Hmm that’s odd too, I didn’t get that yet. Did u also get the email of payment to ccs again? 

No.  I have a declared value that went up. And a second notice of submission with the receiving day change is all.

5 minutes ago, Shawngk said:

No.  I have a declared value that went up. And a second notice of submission with the receiving day change is all.

I see, very interesting yet no one in this thread who added in pressing said they’ve moved from received. I think all of us might have been pressed and they’re doing these weird things to notify us. 

1 hour ago, ThothAmon said:

21 books received 12/5 shipped 1/20. We don’t need no stinking press. Magazines still in que. 

Yes.... 13 on the way back home with no pressing...  (9.8 ...except for two 9.6) ... Two SM 1 Silver bagged that need the polybag line pressed out ... waiting for movement. Got all the signs.... :wishluck:

Edited by jokiing

That damn signature was pure magic when I first started collecting. I started collecting in earnest in the 6th month period between the release of ASM #328 and Spiderman #1. I missed ASM #328 (first issue was...I wanna say #334...)

First brand new McFarlane book I ever bought was Spidey #1. Even wrote a LOC for #2. It wasn't printed. 

But the frenzy of those months still rings in me, 30 years later. Looking for anything and everything with his name on it....except those terrible Marvel Tales reprints. Bleagh, reprints! Icky!

Oops.

1 hour ago, ThothAmon said:

21 books received 12/5 shipped 1/20. We don’t need no stinking press. Magazines still in que. 

I'll be excited to see yours come back! :tink:

25 minutes ago, jokiing said:

Yes.... 13 on the way back home with no pressing...  (9.8 ...except for two 9.6) ... Two SM 1 Silver bagged that need the polybag line pressed out ... waiting for movement. Got all the signs.... :wishluck:

Were any of these already slabbed when sent to cgc, meaning did cgc crack them out?

My point is I'd be interested in seeing any 9.8's that retained their 9.8 status :sumo:

Anyone? Build my confidence for next time lol

I have an ASM #300 in 9.8 that I was too chicken to send in :cry:

12 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I'll be excited to see yours come back! :tink:

Were any of these already slabbed when sent to cgc, meaning did cgc crack them out?

My point is I'd be interested in seeing any 9.8's that retained their 9.8 status :sumo:

:baiting:

29 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

They were all fresh, raw, organic...picked fresh off the rack... picked winners...

Apologies to JoeyPost.... there was no time to use your excellent service on this one... and I was lucky. Got a small pile that's heading your way soon.