• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todd McFarlane CGC Private Signing December 2019
6 6

1,036 posts in this topic

How does CGC census work? say for example before the signing there were 1000 ASM #300 graded total (SS or otherwise combined) and with this signing about 200 of those graded blue label were resubmitted for get the SS. Does that main that on the Census it will read as 1200 ASM #300 graded, making that number not real?

26 minutes ago, Ladic said:

How does CGC census work? say for example before the signing there were 1000 ASM #300 graded total (SS or otherwise combined) and with this signing about 200 of those graded blue label were resubmitted for get the SS. Does that main that on the Census it will read as 1200 ASM #300 graded, making that number not real?

What I posted was the difference between the two census updates. CGC would subtract the previous Universal (blue) label  if and only if the resubmitter included the blue label .For example, on what I posted,  ASM 299 9.8  has -5 for Universal blue label. Yes, the graded census can be false if the resubmitter cracks open the graded book does not send back the blue label to CGC.

39 minutes ago, catch21 said:

What I posted was the difference between the two census updates. CGC would subtract the previous Universal (blue) label  if and only if the resubmitter included the blue label .For example, on what I posted,  ASM 299 9.8  has -5 for Universal blue label. Yes, the graded census can be false if the resubmitter cracks open the graded book does not send back the blue label to CGC.

Thank you, so in reality the census is not really accurate.

So CGC must be lacking submissions, the book that I just sent In to get graded was delivered by usps on Monday and today they received it! Wow it normally takes a week to be received! I was originally going to bet this book which I Just submitted for standard would arrive before my mcfarlane books but now I think my signatures will come First, maybe next week so we will see. 

43 minutes ago, Wadezky said:

Morning all.  Just finally got an update on my books....4 total - 3 getting pressed, 1 not.  There's no movement on the 3 getting pressed (not even a date change or anything) but the 1 that's not getting pressed is scheduled for grading.  Small victories!

what was the original date received? 

Anyone with a received date of 12/9/19 have any news with your submissions? I’ve got none. Not in a rush to get back, just more curious as to their status with the pressing requested.

Probably didn’t help that one of the slabs I sent in I accidentally left omitted one of the numbers on the form so it’s missing a digit. Hopefully it doesn’t slow things down too much.

4 minutes ago, rogue14 said:

Anyone with a received date of 12/9/19 have any news with your submissions? I’ve got none. Not in a rush to get back, just more curious as to their status with the pressing requested.

Probably didn’t help that one of the slabs I sent in I accidentally left omitted one of the numbers on the form so it’s missing a digit. Hopefully it doesn’t slow things down too much.

hey bud, if u look at the previous comments in this thread U will see the hints they give us as to ur progress But here’s the order I’ve seen so far. 

- declared value increase means signed

- ccs email means sent to pressing 
- changed received date on ur submission means the books were pressed. 
- cgc submission email means ur in line for grading 

and that’s as far as I’ve gotten so I assume it will be updated and changed as it normally would from here 

55 minutes ago, rogue14 said:

Mine were received on 12/11 (delivery of 12/9 by USPS) and grades were posted this morning.

7 minutes ago, hachimaull said:

Dude I wonder if those of us who wanted pressing get graded after everyone who didn’t want it!  NOOOOOOOO

I thought I had read in the thread that b/c of the delay with TM gettting sick that the pressings were done prior to him arriving in Florida to sign, instead of after. 

12 minutes ago, mrbinkelstein said:

I thought I had read in the thread that b/c of the delay with TM gettting sick that the pressings were done prior to him arriving in Florida to sign, instead of after. 

That would suck seeing how he was handling the comics during the signing...

All of my books arrived on 11/27 and are still in received with no movement and all needed presses. 

48 minutes ago, hachimaull said:

Dude I wonder if those of us who wanted pressing get graded after everyone who didn’t want it!  NOOOOOOOO

Of Course they do :foryou: pressing takes a minute, those who didn't want pressing went straight to the grading room, the one's with pressing got pressed after singing and will take a second to get to the grading room...

39 minutes ago, mrbinkelstein said:

I don't remember that being mentioned, but CGC wouldn't do that  :) 

29 minutes ago, YouFoundDonon said:

That would suck seeing how he was handling the comics during the signing...

All of my books arrived on 11/27 and are still in received with no movement and all needed presses. 

I saw all the videos but don't recall him specifically mishandling them. Does anyone have a link? Now I'm nervous. 

24 minutes ago, mrbinkelstein said:

I saw all the videos but don't recall him specifically mishandling them. Does anyone have a link? Now I'm nervous. 

Certainly not pointing towards an extreme case, but there were videos of him leaning his elbows on comics and handling a couple comics unboarded that were flopping around. 

Not an issue if they weren't pressed IMO, but can potentially take a 9.8 and make it a 9.6 if already pressed. 

In before grader notes on a 9.6: "Finger Prints and Slight Indents to Cover"

Edited by YouFoundDonon

2 hours ago, hachimaull said:

hey bud, if u look at the previous comments in this thread U will see the hints they give us as to ur progress But here’s the order I’ve seen so far. 

- declared value increase means signed

- ccs email means sent to pressing 
- changed received date on ur submission means the books were pressed. 
- cgc submission email means ur in line for grading 

and that’s as far as I’ve gotten so I assume it will be updated and changed as it normally would from here 

6 in "Received" with a 12/6 date. Three for pressing. No changes to declared value. 

I called cgc and they said the three for pressing where there and I didn't see an email from them.

Also, all the books should have been signed so if declared value increase means signed, then shouldn't all declared values go up? Maybe not?

Either way, I think those progression points are good guides but doesn't seem to mean that there's no progression if you don't see them.

13 minutes ago, 315008 said:

6 in "Received" with a 12/6 date. Three for pressing. No changes to declared value. 

I called cgc and they said the three for pressing where there and I didn't see an email from them.

Also, all the books should have been signed so if declared value increase means signed, then shouldn't all declared values go up? Maybe not?

Either way, I think those progression points are good guides but doesn't seem to mean that there's no progression if you don't see them.

yeah, it could be a flawed system but if u see one of the progress points I stated it should give u an idea where ur book is. Also at this point all books are signed maybe they only upped value in the beginning or maybe ur submission being both pressed and not pressed changed it up a bit.