• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

closed
9 9

653 posts in this topic

On 11/14/2019 at 5:15 PM, Ricksneatstuff said:

Jungle Comics 54- CGC 8.0- Okajima "Camp" Copy- $4200 ON HOLD- DEAL PENDING

Only asking a few hundred over what I paid a while back. My favorite Jungle cover and the best part of what is my favorite pedigree.  Here is some interesting back story.

https://www.goodgirlcomics.com/okajima/

fc.jpg

bc.jpg

certificate.jpg

BOOK IS ON HOLD. DEAL IS PENDING

6 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

And... manetteska purchased this book on eBay from another seller and returned it because he tapped the right edge of the case and noticed the cover shift. I apparently bought the book later from the seller he returned to (or someone else I am not sure) I have looked closely at the book and still feel the cover is attached but may be loosely attached at the top staple (pull). I have attached closer pics for your review and your own thoughts...

I was going through books to post and this is one that came up in my spreadsheet but I did not recall the discussion until he just brought this up and then I went back to Instagram messages to even remember what this was about. I did not come to the conclusion that there was a detachment but there is a tear around the staple.

IMG_8507.JPG

IMG_8509.JPG

This is so puerile. If you're looking at this staple as a reason to not buy this book, then you're doing it wrong. 

FFS people.

Great thread Rick, excellent as always.