• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Large chunk missing from the corner
1 1

13 posts in this topic

So I am looking at a listing on ebay it's cgc graded and I place a bid.  The listing says there is a chunk missing from the case, but no big deal.  Then I see several other books that I would also be interested in.... but ALL of them have a chunk missing from the case.  Should I be worried about the book being tampered with?  Why would he have so many books with the same problem with the slab?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Our-Army-At-War-90-CGC-7-5-DC-Comics-High-Grade-How-Sgt-Rock-Earned-His-Stripes-/274076894189

(shrug)

Just now, comicdonna said:

This is the FS section.

Now, now..., I'm sure you have a few corners missing too.

21 hours ago, kagemusha7s said:

So I am looking at a listing on ebay it's cgc graded and I place a bid.  The listing says there is a chunk missing from the case, but no big deal.  Then I see several other books that I would also be interested in.... but ALL of them have a chunk missing from the case.  Should I be worried about the book being tampered with?  Why would he have so many books with the same problem with the slab?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Our-Army-At-War-90-CGC-7-5-DC-Comics-High-Grade-How-Sgt-Rock-Earned-His-Stripes-/274076894189

(shrug)

:takeit:

Um...what did I win (:

Edited by KryptoSpidey

22 hours ago, kagemusha7s said:

(shrug)

Hey, Semper Fi is a great seller, (have done a few deals with him, look him up on IG).. I remember seeing his post about this a while ago, when he got them the box was damaged on the way to him with like a dozen slabs all cracked at the bottom.  It doesn't effect the book, but generally sellers offer discounts to make up the cost of getting it reslabbed… 

Edited by lowgradecomics

Kagemusha7,

Jordan here from Semperfi Comics. I appreciate your concerns about these books. I purchased an entire order from a small auction company in PA and they shipped all of my slabs with very little protection. All of them were broken on the bottom left corner. Placing them on an eBay auction was the quickest way to recoup some of the money and whatever the difference is I hopefully will be compensated after filing a claim through Fedex. If you win the bid on any of these books and CGC will not reholder them but instead regrades them please let me know and we will work something out. I don't use the CGC forums often enough but you're more than welcome to look me up under this username on social media. Good luck with your bids. 

Thanks,

Jordan Seymour

Semperfi Comics